Register now to get rid of these ads!

1929 ford coupe value

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ginuine555, Mar 20, 2014.

1. ginuine555

ginuine555
    from louisiana

I have a chance to buy one and have no idea about value and no nothing about them. I had no way to take pictures. It is original and was re painted and does need some work on the roof as the canvas top is gone. Everything is there and together and it runs or at least it did when he drove and parked it in there. What are the hidden things I should look for to be sure about rust area. I have a 239 flathead I can build to replace the engine if I need to upgrade from the 4 cyc. I know it is hard for any of you to come up with a price but it could help me make a decision and money is tight for me, heck I don't know if it is still there because I have been trying to figure it out and may have missed out on. But do know it is not advertized for sale. I was buying a motor from the gentleman for another project and he brought me out to an area where he had another garage on a few acres of land and the 29 was sitting in there when he opened the door. We starting talking about it and he is willing to let it go. I hope I put this in the correct forum, if not I am sorry and sure I will hear about it:) Any feed back will help.

2. It sounds like the car is mostly original so you might also post your question on fordbarn.com (suggest you leave out the part about the engine change). A lot of what is worth to you depends on what you want to end up with when you are finished (and that is?). Without pictures it is hard to say anything. When you refer to the canvas top I assume you are talking about the square canvas insert in the roof and not talking about a roadster (big difference).

Charlie Stephens

3. classic gary

classic gary

Well, I paid $8000.00 for a '28 sport coupe and drove it home. NO rust, OK paint (40 years old), good 16" wheels/tires, good glass, good top, with hotrod parts in/on the "numbers matching" engine. Real Henry steel EVERYwhere.

So, bad paint, bad top, maybe it runs?, tired rubber, ect......
    Start at $8000.oo in your head and go down from there.
    My thought is....about $2500.00 then you gotta ship/drag it home.

4. Squablow

Squablow

What you describe could have a range from $2K to $8K. Go back, look it over again, take pictures you can post (or bring someone along who can take pics) and you'll have a way better idea of the value. Things like a clean title, glass in place, missing parts, ect have a HUGE affect on value.

If money is that tight, you can't afford to take a shot in the dark. You need to gather more good info and get some solid advice.

5. 39 chevy kustom

39 chevy kustom

Photos, photos photos. Can not appraise anything without photos. And every car I have ever looked at to buy" ran when it was parked"

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. ginuine555

ginuine555
    from louisiana

From the descriptions and $2000-8000 prices ya'll have provided it's given me a good idea where the price is I would be willing to pay at this time. I have a friend of my brother that has built a few and will go with me to look it over. He only an hour from me and I am about an hour away from the car Photos are good but can sometimes make stuff look better than it really is. I agree about the running when parked. Thanks you all for your replies it helped

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

What can you afford?

8. ginuine555

ginuine555
    from louisiana

Nothing if my wife divorces me and not much if she keeps me:)

9. b-bob

b-bob

Well said!:p