Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I'm sure if your a left coaster Isky and Bones are a little more available, but being in the midwest I can't wait. I'm going to have to dig through all my magazines for some autograph material:D

MELTDOWN DRAGS
    JULY 18-20 2014

2. I hope Isky & Bones like autographing dash boards, injector hats, people hats, trans tunnels etc. He might want money to come, but it'd be cool to get Jr. Thompson out there to make some passes in the Opel Kadette. I wonder if Jack Coonrod still makes passes in his 33?, he is a nice guy. I talked to him a little in the late 80's-early 90's when he was match racing Jr, and his sons Prefect. I never knew that my dad knew Jr., but we took dad to the first Drag Fest at Bako. Jr was talking to some people, and dad walked up to his side, leaned in a little, and said, "who the f#$k is Jr. Thompson"? Jr. Turned, looked at him, and started laughing his ass off, and said "hey Penn (an old nickname of dads), long time no see! Bones has a black blown '69 Camaro he still races. He was in our shop a couple years ago, one of the sales guys made him some pistons for the Camaro.

3. BREAKING NEWS

YES You guys figured it out!
    The Meltdown Drags Association is proud to announce that we will have several special guests at the 2014 Meltdown Drags!

The Cam Father Ed Iskenderian and Bones Balogh both from California will be in attendance cruising the grounds and signing autographs. Who are these guys you may ask? Well here is a link to some info one each. If you don't know the history behind these legends it is time for a history lesson. We are grateful to Ron Leek for arranging this. This is truly awesome.

When we created this event we never imagined that things like this could happen. It just goes to show that this is the premier vintage event out there. Thank You to everyone that helps and supports it!

http://www.iskycams.com/history.php

http://jrthompson.net/bones/bonescar7.html#33willys1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  4. We also have confirmed several National Championship Gassers will be on display. More detail to follow...................

5. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

6. S&S ?? Dave Hales Fred Bear and company

7. koop13

koop13
    from Wisconsin

Very exciting news. Those who miss this event will have a lot of regrets...

8. congrats on getting them to come. it will certainly add to the event.

9. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

SHAZAM!!! Look out Pale Rider![​IMG]

10. Niiiice Joel. The Hurst Ram Rod shifter, earns you a much higher reading on the coolometer!

11. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

At first I read that as colonometer...lol

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Wow, this event is going to be over the top this year.

I am glad that there are going to be some other awesome things to watch besides me running down that orange field car of Falfa.

It looks like it is only 120 days until Falfa goes back to school...the Famoso school of hard knocks!

Mob out

13. Ram Rod & Colonometer, now that's something not to use in the same sentence!

14. 55chieftain

55chieftain

Well at least it's page 69 LOL

15. doh!

16. Sorry to get everyone excited, This is the WRONG Gary Cochran dragster that is coming to the Meltdown.

This is the correct one owned by Al Nosse:

[​IMG]
    Photo by Dave Davis

17. Forgot
    It's
    Another
    Top Fueler

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  18. First
    Info
    Attempt
    Terminated

19. Future
    Intern
    At
    Target
    :)

20. Lol. Your like a mushroom...... A fun guy.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

21. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

So it is a dragster lol!! ;)

22. A mushroom? You mean they keep me in the dark and feed me S#$t

23. New 2014 promo Video.... Remember the history.

<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
    <div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=730358903671580" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=730358903671580">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Meltdown-Drags/170589576315185">Meltdown Drags</a>.</div></div>

24. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

A few more Bones pics

MELTDOWN DRAGS
    JULY 18-20 2014

Attached Files:

25. Nice video, Great Job!

26. Fuel
    Injected
    Asphalt
    Terror

27. Saxxon

Saxxon

Now you're just sucking up...

28. YES, yes I am. I'm turning over a new leaf, Paul is a cool dude and I'm sure I take things a little too far sometimes. These guys are doing a great job, and encouragement is the fuel they need, not smart ass remarks from me.

29. koop13

koop13
    from Wisconsin

Panneton-

Keep it up, we love your twisted sense of humor.

Btw- it is officially Summer Shandy season in Wisconsin as it is 40 degrees for two days in a row...