Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ever Find Any Old Coins In A Old Car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Solospeedshop, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

I have found numerous coins in cars. The coolest was inside the rocker box of my '57 Ford I found a '57 penny. Since it was a totally enclosed panel, there was no way it simply fell in there over the years. It had to have been placed, or dropped in there by a factory worker.

The next coolest thing I found in a car was in the back lower rocker area of my '33 sedan. I found a small tin toy WWII type bomber plane. I can just imagine some little kid was holding it up to the glass when he dropped it down the slot between the glass & window molding & it was lost "forever". Poor kid. Unfortunately the toy was 1/2 rusted away by the time I found it 60 years later.

2. nysdeucerider

nysdeucerider
    from NYS

I found a 57 penny inside an under-floor support of my 57 Nomad. The floor had been spotwelded to the support when being built. I epoxied it to the dash. In a wrecked 74 Fury I purchased for it's many new parts, I found three large soft margarine bowls, full of change in the trunk. The previous owner was an older local lady that waited on tables in the local diner. I returned the bowls intact. Turned out it was tip money she was saving as her Christmas Club! and lastly, in an 88 Accord I found four 35mm film canisters full of quarters totaling $28.... not bad for a car I had only paid $100 for!

3. Fabricator

Fabricator

I am building a 33 plymouth sedan that I bought a couple of years. Just found a 1934 Wheat penny in the glove box. Thought that was cool. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1395373121.191119.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1395373140.846362.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. greybeard360

greybeard360

Coolest find I ever saw was from under the back seat of a 53 Buick. A 1953 Arlington Texas newspaper (photo on front page was of a gas war... 15 cents per gallon!) and a coin purse with 1c, 5c, 10c, quarter, half dollar, silver dollar coins, $1.00 and $5.00 bills inside... all like brand new. Someone put their own time capsule in the car.

5. I have a box of silver coins I've found in my old cars through the years. Probably about 3 bucks in change.

6. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I bought a 38 chevy sedan with a title a few months ago just for the frame. Been parting it out. I delivered the body to a guy in Dallas a couple of days ago and on the way a bunch of rust and dirt fell out of it onto my trailer. After unloading the body I found two silver dimes lying on the trailer.

7. wsdad

wsdad

The Couth Fairy hid a coin every 100th time you opened the door for your lady.

R.I.P. Couth Fairy. :(

This is why you should never use dryer sheets in your car.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014