Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods '34 Plymouth????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Captain Overkill, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Captain Overkill

Captain Overkill
    from Illinois

Did anyone see this on Ebay? The guy swears up and down it is an original '34 Plymouth. Isn't it a '30-'31 Model A roadster body on possibly a '35-'36 Plymouth chassis or am losing my mind?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  2. I see a MoPar flathead six. I see a Model A body and fenders.

3. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

THe frame is not 34 Plymouth, I can see leaf springs on the frontend, 34 Plymouths had IFS from the factory. I also think that is a 30-31 Model A body.

4. coryw

coryw
    from Omaha, NE

Plymouths were available with either leaf or IFS suspensions for the front in 1934. The PE and PF had IFS and the PG had leafs.

5. Captain Overkill

Captain Overkill
    from Illinois

It looks like it has the '35 - '36 Plymouth or Dodge tube axle with the dip in it.

6. Captain Overkill

Captain Overkill
    from Illinois

7. The body is steel. You can see it in the closeups.
    I like his video. You can't understand a word he's saying

8. notaford1

notaford1
    from webster ny

Interestingly enough if you look at the pictures on ebay the rear of the body does look very similar to my 34 Ply. rear..wondering if someone spliced the front of a model A body to a Plymouth rear...whole car looks like a bunch of leftovers all mashed together.

9. i remembered i two cars in the shop, a 36 ford 4dr and a 36 dodge 4dr, the noses where different but the main part of the body was the same except the dodge had molded in the body seam where the top met the body.
    maybe the roadsters shared parts then like they did in '36?

10. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

They didn't share parts in '36.
    Ford
    [​IMG]

Dodge
    [​IMG]

11. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Looks like an expensive way to get a 34 convertible title. If that is even legit. I would like to meet the Department of Motor Vehicle office where he got that title.

12. raymay

raymay

I agree with notaford. The paperwork may say this is a 34 Plymouth but it looks nothing like the one we are currently building. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=680682&highlight=uncle+ricks+33
    I do see some resemblance of the upper body line. The doors on a 33/34 should be suicide and the inner door skins holes are not even close to a 33/34 Plymouth or Dodge door. Rear fender angles and position on body are different, front fenders look more like late 20's style. The dash also does not look like a 33/34.
    It does resemble a creative older build from spare steel parts and maybe some of them were from a 34 Plymouth. The ID tag is mounted on the right inside door jam of a 33/34 Plymouth. My guess is the back of this car is from a 34 Plymouth and still had the tag on it. The rear fenders and the rest of the car doors forward are definitely from other cars.
    This could be a nice project and with some re-design made into a unique one of a kind car. If you live in a state with strick title or homemade vehicle rules, I would definitely check into them before buying this car.

Attached Files:

• 333.JPG
      333.JPG
      File size:
      197.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014