Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Fleetline rookie needing help locating parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Clive4, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Clive4

Clive4
    from Indiana

Im looking for front and rear bumpers for a 1950 Chevy Fleetline Deluxe. Two door sedan. I am running out of time and I would like to know if anyone has a good source to purchase these bumpers. I am having trouble locating them on my own. Thanks

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. stimpy

stimpy

3. malibustevens

malibustevens
    from Illinois

Chevsofthe40s.com should also have them.

Also try ecklersearlychevy.com

Did you find gravel guards?

4. 68vette

68vette

When you buy these taiwan bumpers from these suppliers, do not tighten them too much...they will flatten at the bolt holes.

5. malibustevens

malibustevens
    from Illinois

Nice tip, from experience?
    I assume you prefer rechromed originals?

6. Clive4

Clive4
    from Indiana

No I have not found gravel guards just yet, ive put them on the back burner until I get bumpers. I have the original bumpers,3 piece front and one piece rear but to get them rechromed I was quoted $1900 plus shipping. I have been on both websites but I didnt know if there was somewhere else that I overlooked. Thanks for the info I will take into consideration to not overtighten the bolts when the time comes to install.

7. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Check out this site:
    http://www.truckandcarshop.com/4157.html

I don't care for Chevs of the 40s. I've tried them twice. The first time, I ordered a spotlight and instead of the vintage style, they sent me a new style model and then they tried to say it was the same one as shown in their catalog (which happens to be the vintage style)
    2nd time, I ordered some starter brushes for 10 dollars and they charged 15 dollars for shipping. Stay away from Chevs of the 40s.

8. malibustevens

malibustevens
    from Illinois

I have had good luck with NCA and try to use them mostly (very good service) but some things they dont have, in those cases used chevs of the 40s. No problems with orders but do agree the shipping is a bit outrageous. Are they in Canada? Maybe that has something to do with it.

9. 68vette

68vette

Yes....from experience.

After spending about 25M on my fleetline, I have come to the conclusion...." If its aftermarket, and it does not matter who produced it, it was made with one thing in mind....How much $$$ can I make off this before its lack of quality forces me to quit making it".

Attached Files:

10. Clive4

Clive4
    from Indiana

You are a lifesaver stimpy.Front bumper, rear bumper, speedometer cable, and shipping $797 to my door.