Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects New ride upon me... 1947 desoto coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by STUNNED MULLET, Mar 19, 2014.

1. STUNNED MULLET

STUNNED MULLET
    from Fresno

hey there fellow Hambers. picked up this Desoto on a trade for a pair of jetskis I had. paid 900 for the skis, so I figure I got a good deal. couldn't ride these anymore due to the 2 stroke ban in my area lakes. so I guess I got a REALLY good deal !!! LOL. don't know too much about Desoto, but from my research, I guess parts from Chrysler and dodge can inter change? I am also looking for some parts for it, like door handles rear trunk mechanism, bumpers, inner windshield trim, few other things, but I will post in the wanted for that... anyways let me know what you think!!

Attached Files:

2. Fenders

Fenders

I like coupes.
    Interesting how the dash grille seems to mimic the radiator grille.

3. George

George

Desoto & Chr shared engines, maybe some body parts. Dodge used different engines, body. "how to upgrade" the 46-8 Plym/Dodge front ends & engine swap is applicable. Should be a cool car. Bernbaum, Roberts Motor Parts, EBay for little stuff.

4. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Looking good.. I like the grille...

5. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

DeSoto shared a lot of parts with Chrysler, in fact except for the DeSoto specific grille, trim and dashboard everything is Chrysler.

Engine is the same except for slightly shorter stroke crankshaft. Chassis, brakes, suspension same. Body same.

Does not share much with Dodge. Practically nothing.

6. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

It shares some suspension with Dodge, I think. Not much in the body. Ask over at the p-15/d24 forum.

7. skooch

skooch

8. jbchevypower

jbchevypower

some of the things from 46-48 will interchange dodge plymouth desoto chrysler plymouth. dash and grill and lights are different and none of the 3 passenger coupes will fit only other 3 passenger coupes. the problem i have! doors are 3 inches longer even tail lights are bigger from the five windows. good luck on the search.