Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration 1/6 scale r/c car 41 Willys 54 Chevy 36 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ace'sSpeedshop, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Ace'sSpeedshop

Ace'sSpeedshop
    from Washington

You need to do it man.

2. Ace'sSpeedshop

Ace'sSpeedshop
    from Washington

Selling off the last of my r/c cars. Here is the next one to go.

Attached Files:

3. Ace'sSpeedshop

Ace'sSpeedshop
    from Washington

4. Ace'sSpeedshop

Ace'sSpeedshop
    from Washington

This was originally the red Chevy from post #145. Its not done yet, but it's one of my top favorites. I took this with my cell phone so it's not the best.

Attached Files:

5. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Ok, I'll say it. Where did you find those rad scale chicks? I want one for my 1/6 car too! Love the killer brunette!

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  6. Ace'sSpeedshop

Ace'sSpeedshop
    from Washington

They are custom Barbie's that I make for each car.

7. Ace'sSpeedshop

Ace'sSpeedshop
    from Washington

Took this picture at a Billetproof a month ago.

Attached Files:

8. Ace'sSpeedshop

Ace'sSpeedshop
    from Washington

So most of you will probably have a problem with this but I just did my first fauxtina paint job on a real car. I did it for a friend, it was her daughters graduation present. When I got the car it was black(painted with a roller/paint brush in the early 90"s) with some Orange showing threw.It took me a month to finish the paint job. A week ago she was at a local Wa. car show and won "Best Paint". This was painted just like my r/c cars. So none of the rust is real it's all paint. I also talked to Anna Marco (Feature editor for Car Kulture Deluxe and Ol Skool Rodz) and she said my article should be out in the next month or so. When I find out what Issue I will let everyone know.

Attached Files:

9. thats not rust

thats not rust

That looks amazing....nice job!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. Ace'sSpeedshop

Ace'sSpeedshop
    from Washington

Thanks Man!

11. 4444Design

4444Design

both your models and the "real Thing" look great

congrats for your skills

12. kingpins

kingpins

you should do a " how to" thread of your weathering paint jobs. some of us would be interested

13. Ace'sSpeedshop

Ace'sSpeedshop
    from Washington

I've tried that before and it didn't last a day before it got deleted. Very few people I have found on this site are open to rusty/weathered paint jobs.

Thanks I appreciate it.

14. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

haters gonna hate.......

Thanks for sharing the pics

15. Cool cars. I think its time for you to graduate to full size, you seem to have the feel.

16. Pat Thompson

Pat Thompson

If Ace passes on the deal, I have a 54 Chevy and a 36 Ford WCC with the controllers USED that I would take $60 plus the ride for. I PMed him and am waiting for a reply from him first.

17. Ace'sSpeedshop

Ace'sSpeedshop
    from Washington

It's been a while since a last posted anything. I've started to work on a few more r/c's that I have. Right now I'm attempting a "bare metal" paint job on one of my 36 Fords. I will post some pics after I am done.

18. Ace'sSpeedshop

Ace'sSpeedshop
    from Washington

It's been awhile since I posted anything. So here it is. My first attempt at a bare metal paint job. What do you guys think? I'm still trying to figure out what color od wheels I'm going to do.

Attached Files:

35cab likes this.
  19. Ace'sSpeedshop

Ace'sSpeedshop
    from Washington

I think I'm going to start customizing and selling these rc cars again. I will be posting pictures of the upcoming cars.

20. Mojo

Mojo

That paint is incredible. I'd love to know how you got that effect.

21. Yes, I know. I am resurrecting this thread from the dead, but I just picked up the 54 and really liking what youre doing with them.
    Have one question, I tried to take the body off, but the connectors are glued together on mine, if it was on yours, how did you get them apart?

22. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Do they still sell those JJ 1/6 RC cars? Or do you get them used on flea bay? Gary

23. I found mine at a thrift store, but ebay would be the best bet or try craigslist.

24. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

25. Mojo

Mojo

Does it look like blobs of glue, from a hot glue gun? I carefully peeled them off with a dull knife, and sometimes a flatblade screwdriver. I had to work slowly, because some of them still had a strong hold. The connectors themselves are latching. I believe they were rectangular? If you take a small blade screw driver, and on the long side of the connector wedge between the connector and the port, it should release. I think that's how I got mine apart.

I also believe that the wires are held to the body by small melted plastic tabs. If you push into the center of them, you can break off the melted part, without snapping the tabs. When you put it back together, I think a small dab of silicone would hold them ok.

26. Kool thread, I have some of these too. They are a lot of fun to play with. Ron... 027.jpg 028.jpg 029.jpg

27. customizer2024

customizer2024
    from niles, mi.

I just got a WCC 36 ford and I need a controller, how can I get one that will work on my car? I also need a battery and charger. How many different frequencies are there?

28. Deuces

Deuces

Anybody still messin' with these????.....

29. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I actually have the '54 Chevy that I'd like to retrofit onto a 'real' RC car chassis. If that worked out I'd pick up the '36 Ford and do it to that one and let my kids race each other with them.

Unfortunately I don't actually know enough about real RC cars to pick a good one to use though! :D

Deuces likes this.
  30. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

A real RC chassis would just encourage you to run the crap out of it, and get trashed. If I ever found one, I'd just build a nice display model.

Deuces likes this.