Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Rocky....keep checking your mailbox bro.....lots of love for you here in the Midwest bro!
    Excited to have another guy who gets it and is making the long haul!!!
    Koop

2. its not about a winner for me. you have me very misunderstood. my point is you guys put on a great show. a show that is sold on reliving the old days. just remember the old days were full of competition. thats one of the things that made them so great. the two are inseparable in the history of our sport. the history also shows all are welcome regardless of ones budget. thats why there were different classes. just like today. i have been fortunate to have worked on a (big car) that being a unlimited budget top fuel car. just to see what it was all about.it was horrible. it wasn't even about racing. the on track action was the least important thing. i will never do it again. money is not every thing. I'm much more at home with my smaller fuel team.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  3. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

CLAPPING by all.....That is EXACTLY what it is all about...reliving without the pressure, arguing, bickering, cheating, $$ and other stuff that made it maybe not just as much fun.
    Plus...NO ONE want to see a Willys, AWB, or anything else shiny side down because someone needed to prove a point.
    Come to enjoy and rest assured you will have a blast!!

4. Scott, a couple pages ago, you asked for someone to throw you a bone, funny thing, you've thrown yourself one, but you don't know it yet. :)

5. How much is a drum of Nitro now? It was $1750 in '91, gotta be near double that? Anyone know the original use for nitro methane?

6. powrshftr

powrshftr

I'm stuck here Ric......Garlits and Art Malone.......Chrisman........Jim Nelson & Dode Martin...?

Posted using two Dixie cups and a medium length piece of string.

7. powrshftr

powrshftr

Nazi V2 rocket fuel

Posted using two Dixie cups and a medium length piece of string.

8. I was told that it was originally a waste bi-product of a particular cleaning solvent for those giant old school printing presses. Hope its close, just going of info from one of the old times. Supposedly back.then, it wasn't worth two wooden nickels either. Anyone know different, I'm ready to be schooled on this one.

Maybe I got.this mixed up with Toluline?

9. floor stripper. its all chinese synthetic now. the good stuff is no longer.

10. deannalau5

deannalau5
    from Wisconsin

Yeah.. So, my husband was at this meeting with the crock pot full of bacon wrapped sausages, and I guess I NEED the recipe for whoever made them.... Can anyone help me out with this??

11. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

They were heaven on a stick....I mean....AMAZING.....the guy who makes them is not on here....we can get it for you...

12. koop13

koop13
    from Wisconsin

The Meltdown is for like minded people who want to experience something different than what you can find at any other track any weekend of the year. I think that is pretty simple. If one doesn't understand or respect that, that is okay, there are 51 other weekends a year to do what you like. And...we respect that.

If you like something different. I respect that. You don't have to come. I respect guys who are into dirt track racing, but it doesn't interest me. I chose not to go to those events and most importantly I don't get involved with their threads and voice

Self awareness is one of the most impactful personal attributes, unfortunately it is not for some.

13. koop13

koop13
    from Wisconsin

Oh yeah and....

Those bacon wrapped sausages were delicious.

14. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

But have you tried my wings?

15. Saxxon

Saxxon

Yes... yes I have

Went down great with a side of Belina's tacos (with the best home made Guac and Salsa) and a Molsen Canadian

16. koop13

koop13
    from Wisconsin

I am a wing connoisseur....I will have to try them this year.

I did have a Bilina taco last year and it was phenomenal.

17. Saxxon

Saxxon

18. mjb3707

mjb3707
    from chicago

19. 9sectruck

9sectruck

In that case my money is on Bones & Isky, Bonesy used to run Isky's dyno back in the day.

20. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

One of the two legends coming had a serious beef with a cam grinder who has moved to Wisconsin. Maybe you've heard of him...his cams have powered more top performers than anyone in the 50's and 60's

MELTDOWN DRAGS
    JULY 18-20 2014

Attached Files:

21. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

The other fella made a name for himself as a fearless driver...any guesses.:D

MELTDOWN DRAGS
    JULY 18-20 2014

Attached Files:

22. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Thank You guys for your support and everyone who has pre-ordered a shirt! I have a friend who is loaning me his F250 Diesel truck for the 4000 mile round trip Bucket List experience and looking forward too it!

23. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

A few more.

MELTDOWN DRAGS
    JULY 18-20 2014

Attached Files:

24. Saxxon

Saxxon

Ok final guess

Howard Johansen or Don Garlits for having a beef with Isky cams
    and ... "Bones" Balough

25. warrant

warrant
    from Canada

Scarlet Johansen's dad? Is he bringing her?:eek::D:rolleyes:

26. Thomas B

Thomas B
    from WI

I sense that someone on here is not getting it! Anyone want to guess who that might be?

27. If Scarlet Johansen shows up.., I'll be in handchuff's, divorce court, the poor house, the Inquirer, funniest home videos, dumbest videos, jail, therapy, he women man haters list, Grecian Formula club, guys who date women half their age club, my church hates me club, my kids wondering WTF club, Scarlett just kicked my ass with righteous Black Widow skills club, the Avengers all wanna beat my ass club, Dennis Quaid, and all her other male co-stars gets where I'm coming from club.., you get the drift.
    If Elizabeth Shue shows up, pretty much all of the above!
    If Barbara Boxer, or Nancy Pelosi shows up.., I get to kick em in the balls first! :)

28. I didn't want to be the one to let the cat outa the bag, but I was gonna tell mjb370 he was HOT, and 9sectruck, he was in the earths core!

29. Woooo. I called Ole Ed firsteeeees Met him at Thompson a bunch of years ago. He was walking through the pits and stopped. He asked me what cam I replied crower .... dumb answer He looked under the hood and said ford. He shook his head in agreement and then looked at me and said sorry for your lose.
    I replied I take that all the time. He replied not the motor the CAM!! Again ...dumb answer. He is a super guy

30. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Thats cool I was thinking of doing a cam change.
    Maybe have a isky cam shot out.