Register now to get rid of these ads!

one of the old guys in WA

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by terry skinner, Mar 18, 2014.

1. terry skinner

terry skinner
    from Roy, WA

I keep getting these requests to tell a little about myself. Makes me feel like I am going to confession!!
    OK, so let’s start at this end. I am 74 years old and live on a horse farm. The wife is the one who likes the horses. My shop is a pole-barn with a dirt floor so don't expect perfection.
    Now, let’s go to the other end. My first car at 15 years old (1956) was a 1939 Lincoln Continental V 12. Paid $35 and sold it for $50. Never did get it running. After that was a model A that we chopped, a '35 5 window that we channeled and a whole series of '40 Fords. None of which were of show quality but a real joy to me and driven on the street. Then there was a wife and two kids and all that stuff. That’s how we got to here and now. Now is one last hot rod. Namely a fiberglass Jeep body and a 455 Olds that have been lying around the place. Surly with the help of all you guys I can make this into one last hot rod.
    Thanks………Terry
    PS thanks Brian for the help on the frame
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150434&showall=1

2. hotrod--willys

hotrod--willys

Welcome Terry. Love that area. Born in Yelm.

3. Hemiman51

Hemiman51

Welcome from the east bay Ca.

4. 392modela

392modela

Hello from Wisconsin

5. welcome to the forum ....

6. Welcome from CT!