Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Please ID this gauge cluster.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34 GAZ, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Even though it says made by GMC on the backside i can,t find any examples in google images or anywhere else. Let's see what you can come up with.

Attached Files:

2. Definitely Pontiac, around '41, give or take a year.

3. dgasbag

dgasbag
    from Upstate NY

I never knew a '41 Pontiac that would do 150?

4. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Kilometers per hour!

5. Here's a pic of a 48 Pontiac dash from some Pontiac site.

Attached Files:

6. Thanks all, Arkie is on the ball, KPH. :D

7. dan31

dan31

I never thought of this before but it's funny that the speedo is in kilometers but the temp is in Fahrenheit and not Celsius.Has there ever been a temp gauge in Celsius that anyone can think of?

8. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

the temp guage is in the Netherlands, not Fahrenheit.......that's at least 450 km away....where is Celsius?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  9. Photo of my 41 Pontiac dash. The one in the photo is a lot more like my old 48 Pontiac insturments except for speedo which appears to be Canadian.

Attached Files:

10. SuRfAcE_RuSt

SuRfAcE_RuSt

Must be a Canadian pontiac cluster

11. No, it wouldn't be Canadian, we didn't have metric back then, but cars built in the USA and Canada for export to Europe had metric speedometers. There is a 49 Buick here that has metric speedometer and is right hand drive.

12. verde742

verde742

maybe Police Special?

13. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

It's a safe bet it is kilometers....100kph is 62.5 mph....so 150kph is about 94 mph

14. dpelacchi

dpelacchi
    from Australia

Do you want to sell it?

15. Gman0046

Gman0046

My 63 Belair tudor post car has a gauge that was in the place of the original clock that gave metric readings for oil pressure and water temperature. It was in the dash when I bought the car and looked like it was a factory installation. The prior owner didn't know where it came from. As the Belair was built in Atlanta originally and migrated to Canada. I got it from a seller in Canada. I'm sure it came from some Canadian vehicle. The Belair has since been sold. I sure would like to have one for my 63 Impala. Makes for a much neater installation then aftermarket gauges hanging below the dash.

Gary

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  16. fordflambe

fordflambe

Curve Ball.........................I think this is circa 1957 or there about. Check out horn button..........

upload_2016-11-7_20-48-57.jpeg

17. fordflambe

fordflambe

And besides making landing craft and military water craft, Higgins also got into the speed boat industry for a while...........check out these dashes in beautiful Higgins boats..........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You would think as popular as these gauges were back in the 40's and 50's you would see more of them in Hot Rods....

[​IMG]

and looks like Century boats used same cluster on the 1947 Century "Sea Maid"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016