Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model A Cylinder Heads

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Greg Stokes, Nov 1, 2005.

1. George Miller

George Miller
    from NC usa

You can always make your own, that is what I did.

Attached Files:

metalhead140 likes this.
  2. Dragging up this old thread and also looking to replace the head on my "B" motor. Bought a Snyder 6.1, dual intake with 81`s off a HAMB`r and undecided if I want to run the head. I have been reading lots on all the available repop heads and would really like a Winfield cast iron but not having much luck aquiring one. Any thoughts on the snyder, beside the fact it has the stock apperance ?

3. Is anyone making and selling new Iron Winfield? I am also interested in a new one.

4. steve hackel

steve hackel

How about someone looking into using one of Norm Fricks "2 piece" heads as patterns and having the uppers & lowers cast as the cores for a good 4 port head. All of the issues with cooling, head stud locations, port design etc have been figured out and could also be easily altered for one reason or another. Or, taking a Riley 4 port head and slicing it into an upper & lower section for casting purposes - no issues with cores shifting and patterns that need tons of additional work, thin spots - cooling - head studs next to the ports - possibilities are actually endless, and any damaged 4 port could be used and repaired with J & B weld in order to be used for slab castings! The valve covers could even be cast with the owners name in the top..............

5. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

Does anyone sell a higher compression model A head that is NOT "stock appearing"?

I am searching for a head that would look a bit more interesting

6. Pop over to the Fordbarn - Tod is looking for interested parties in a cast iron Super Winfield.

7. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What can anyone tell me about the cast iron aftermarket Simmons super power head,licenced by Chrysler motors. Was it just a torque head? Did it boost compression? My dads '31 panel has one on it, and I've always been curious about it. Thanks.

8. 2FORCEFULL

2FORCEFULL

Was there, or is there a "C" head hi comp for the B motor with a 3 hole water pump??

9. That's a stock B head.