Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 215 Buick Olds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bogart62, Mar 15, 2014.

1. luke13

luke13

yeah sorry bout that, we used an aftermarket bellhousing from castlemain rod and custom shop in oz, to adapt the falcon 5spd manual gbox, that was 20 years ago an my memory gets a bit foggy from time to time.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  2. luke13

luke13

nope i was wrong again, we were running a leyland p76 aluminum v8 which was directly copyed off the buick/rover, it ran a borg warner 3 speed manual same as chrysler and ford in austrailia, i didnt realise the us falcons ran different gboxs.

3. Beau

Beau

From Wiki.

Rover V8, a copy of the Buick 215.

Not supplying the same trans for all three cars, but BW already had a distributor in AU for the other two companies. So it was easy to import.

Maybe I'm totally wrong. I assume what this is where you got the info.

4. The Continental

The Continental
    from Texas

I've got a '63 Skylark, those had 200 HP. These can be stroked out using Rover parts.

5. hotrodtom

hotrodtom

I remember one in a Cooper Monaco mid-engined sports racer; they replaced the SOHC Coventry Climax four with the BOP 215 and had a car that would stay with the big stuff in the turns fifty years ago at the Austin Aqua Festival races. George Koehne was the owner-driver and he let me hand him a wrench now and then...
    Fearless

6. luke13

luke13

nah common knowledge down here, specaily with the speedway guys, but we used an aftermarket bellhousing from castlemain rods an customs to run a later model falcon 5 speed boxas they were quiet cheap from new.

7. Greg55_99

Greg55_99

Leyland P76 was a down under "derivative" of the Buick 215\Rover V8 but had a taller deck and longer stroke crank.

Greg

Attached Files:

8. jimbousman

jimbousman

I built up a 215 for my A coupe. Kenne-Bell cam, Rover cast headers, NOS Mallory black cap dual point, 300 alumni heads, and 300 short pump. I running the stock Quad Four for now. It's mated up to a T5 five speed.

I did have to bump the firewall a tad to clear the right valved cover but due to the '31 fire wall design I was still able to keep the stock toe boards and not sacrifice legroom. Hope to have it on the road this summer.