Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. 55Hydramatic

55Hydramatic

That's too cool, where did you find that at?

2. Curly5759

Curly5759
    from Aridzona

At a mine in the Aguila, Az area.

Curly

3. 117harv

117harv

Ran across this 48-50 Ford school bus totally covered in black berry vines. The bus is storage for old bike parts, couldn't get a pic of the front, ex hippie motor home.

Attached Files:

4. scotts52

scotts52

What's next to it in picture #2?

5. 117harv

117harv

6. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Attached Files:

7. Here's a view looking the other direction....

Attached Files:

8. 6 cylinder makes it a 1930

9. Curly5759

Curly5759
    from Aridzona

Thanks BigGeorge. I thought it was a 1915-20 model era due to the wood in the A pillars, etc. Dashboard shape is a match for 1930

Curly

10. Most GM's used wood framing for the body until the early 30's

11. 1937 was the transition year- GM experimented with putting steel doors in some 36's.

12. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

Been looking at this car since I first saw it out the window of the bus on the way to school years ago. It's in a wooded area about a mile from where I live now, about a couple hundred yards off a main road but you can only see it in the winter when the leaves are off the trees. I went to see what it was the other day, pretty sure it's a '38 Cadillac, but very rough.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. v8juice

v8juice

that caddy is pretty cool

14. Way cool, the manifold looks like it's enameled?

15. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

I thought it was some kind of porcelain, but not sure what it is exactly.

16. verde742

verde742

It IS porcelain zed from factory,,,
    Get that transmission !!! they were wanted when I was young,,

17. The body on the Cad (or LaSalle, could be either, basically same car) is too far gone, still a good pickup truck load of neat stuff. Wish I could spend a day with truck, hand tools, gas wrench, and some means to load that motor onto the truck. With the carb off and plugs out, water has gotten in the cylinders. No doubt it's stuck, but it might be freed up with ATF or MMO, time, a breaker bar and patience. If you get it to turn, you might have a buildable engine. They were once a popular hot rod engine, some speed equipment made for them back in the day. By all means liberate that trans. Also pull the steering box and column. The Cad/LaSalle steering boxes were very good, easy steering for a big heavy car with no power assist. Even if you don't need any of it, there are a bunch of desirable parts you can sell or trade for stuff you want or need.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  18. That makes sense, If I was closer, I would.

19. so digging the finds in this thread ... keep them coming ... =)

20. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

The car is not mine to take anything off of, and not even really sure who owns the land. There are some houses above it, and it may be their's, I would have to ask around. That said, I'm sure the engine is roached, with the carb and plugs gone, it most certainly has water in it, and as cold as it gets around here, it's probably cracked from freezing. Also, it's not in a spot you could get a truck back there with the trees, and you're not going to just lift it out by hand, at least I can't! :rolleyes: As for the trans, its buried in the ground pretty deep, the car looks like it's been there 50 years or so. Here's a pic showing how far it's sunk in the ground, just look at the rear tire, the whole car is this deep.

[​IMG]

21. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

I can see the top of the transmission in one of your photos, so might be possible to dig it out of there. 1937-53 Cad stick transmissions are worth the time and effort.

22. Woodbilly

Woodbilly
    from Missouri

Here's an old Mack flat bed converted to haul logs with a custom hoist and rack on the back. It was used by the old man I purchased my home from. He used to run an old sawmill, which still stands next door to my house, and this was the rig he used to haul the logs from the woods out back.
    I dont know the year, but it still has a bunch of goodies, yet he wont allow any picking of it, whatsoever. :confused:

Attached Files:

23. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

Good eye!! get the trans man!

24. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

if it was me, I'd snag that bike that someone left there.

Nailhead A-V8 likes this.
  25. gonmad

gonmad

That may be what he rode in there! LoL!

Posted using the Kool kustom H.A.M.B. App!

26. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

Yeah, the bike is mine, I rode it as far as I could and then pushed and carried it the rest of the way.

Here's another Caddi I saw last summer that I forgot to post the pics of. It's in a small town in northern Missouri.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. scotts52

scotts52

I love old cars, but especially Caddis. I would probably try to rescue the old 38 and see what I could make of it but I definitely follow up on the 56? as well. I have a 53 that I found under a huge shrub. Only the taillights were sticking out when I found it. It's a someday project.

28. I think it's a '54, but no matter. Looks like it would be a nice one to get back on the road

29. 117harv

117harv

Ran across these today, all at the same location.

Attached Files:

30. Strange the way these were buttoned up?