Register now to get rid of these ads!

Changing dash in a 48 Chevy.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dangerous Dan, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Dangerous Dan

Dangerous Dan

I want to change the dash in my 48 Chevy coupe to something else. A 59 Chevy or something like that would be great but when you live in a port city like Seattle they were ground up and made into Toyotas along time ago. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

2. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

3. Maybe try to find something you can get locally that you like the looks of, and go from there. My stock dash was so butchered up, I got to asking around where to find another one. New ones were available for more than I wanted to spend. (49-54 Chevy p.u.) A buddy gave me one out of a Ford Sedan- 50 Model. It looks like it came in it now. I did save my original one- I'll re-do it later. Good luck with it.

4. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

The Portland Swap Meet is coming up in a few weeks, you might find something there. The Monroe Swap Meet will be in early May, that would be another place to try.