Register now to get rid of these ads!

"Battery Tender" - do you use one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by quick85, Mar 11, 2014.

1. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

I bought a small battery tender from the motorcycle shop $49 at the time , Ive used it for a bunch of years and its served me well , red light on its charging green light on its in standby mode , works very well im using it on my HD battery as I type this

2. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

That's high. Try to get your next one for around $30. Costs the shopkeeper $22.

3. 42merc

42merc

I have both 6 volt & a 12 volt jr models, used on cars that haven't moved much lately.
    Work great, & cost somewhere around $20.00 each.

4. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

You will find that circuit is in all the good quality units.

I still have a dark ages trickle charger and often use it just to get a battery started then put the tender charger on it.

[​IMG]

5. M224SPEED

M224SPEED
    from Missouri

Have four of them ,and they have saved me a lot of $$$ on batteries over the years.

6. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

this one is old , I think ive had it about 15 yrs or so that's why it was $49 I bought it at a BMW shop , you didn't see them for sale in to many places lol

7. 5Wcoupe

5Wcoupe
    from L.A., Ca.

Exactly the same here. Three in use here for about 4 years.
    Prior to that I had several batteries fail after a year or so of sitting even with cables disconnected.

8. I ve used em for years n saved money on batterys for years too! Harley batteries last 3yrs most and mine lasted for 10 n was still good but needed to update!

9. I grew up hearing this (and telling others the same) but learned in A&P school it was a falsitude. Sitting anywhere is bad, the concrete has nothing to do with it.
    (Thanks to Ron Nulph for setting me straight on that one).

Anybody used the HF one on 6 volts? Most of my cars that wait through the winter are 6 volt..

10. Nautique

Nautique
    from Wisconsin

I use the Harbor Freight ones but afraid they are charging all the time.

11. no55mad

no55mad

Hook 2 six volt batteries in series and use the 12 volt maintainer.

12. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I have several Deltran battery tenders on everything that does not get driven often.
    I even have a Jr. model on my JD mower. 6 yrs on the mower factory battery so far. 12 yrs on an Optima in an OT car. I swear by them.

13. 39-2dr

39-2dr
    from MISSOURI

I swear by them. It's a must for motorcycles. I have one on my 39 Ford. I got 10 years out of my battery. I bought a new battery last year. The guy who sold me the new battery was shocked.