Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lots of stuff going on... What to expect in the coming weeks...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Mar 14, 2014.

1. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

H.A.M.B. for the future!

I look forward to whatever direction you take it, Ryan.

Just don't put a Chevy S-10 rear end under the new update! :D

2. The search feature is your friend.
    Just type in what interests you, and it'll show, no matter if it's on page 5 or 35.

3. about damn time! :D ....looking forward to the upgrades

4. squirrel

squirrel

The way it is now, "traditionally styled" is the catch-all for stuff that doesn't fit into the "period perfect" category. So, you're still searching in the same big sea of posts...although it looks like "custom" and "hot rod" won't be separate, like they are now.

I think the change in categories is a good idea, and probably what Ryan wanted when he first made the change...it just took a while to figure out what it should be.

5. jones

jones
    from Dublin, Ca

good call Ryan,
    I didn't care for the current format. improved image posting sounds like a plus to me, as I'm not computer savvy.

6. 53 sparky

53 sparky

Looking forward to it Ryan!

I'm sure there will be many people who gripe and whine about this, but let's keep in mind: there is a VERY short list of websites that can even hold a candle to the wealth of information and knowledge that is available on the HAMB. If the redesign brings with it a more secure way of archiving data and makes it easier for users to post pics, I say BRING IT ON!

7. Really looking forward to the new look,what is the little lighting bolt icon?,does that have something to do with adding photos? HRP

[​IMG]

8. pitman

pitman

Thanks fer the guidance Beep!

9. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

OK, maybe I misunderstood. If the period perfect is in one area, and traditionally styled is in another, I don't mind customs and rods being lumped together, Heck, I don't know if my car would be considered a custom or a rod as it's a mixture of both. I love'em all, but some questions I may have might be more in the "trad styled" area, since we know trad cars never had AC and power steering, lol.:D

As far as the search feature some want to hawk about, it's good for some things, not so much for others. Who has time to wade through 50 pages looking for something? Sometimes it's easier to just ask, somebody usually knows which direction to send you. That's one thing I have always liked about the HAMB, other than the usual smart asses {you know who you are}, most are willing to help others out.

I liked being able to have 4-5 pages to go through since the last time I logged on, instead of 10-15 pages. As many members as there are, in just 12 hours you can have thousands of new posts, and it is hard to go through all of them before they back up again, and you tend to miss stuff, or at least I do.

We'll take it however it comes though, because there sure isn't any better place for info than right here!:D

10. squirrel

squirrel

I've been using google to search the hamb (and other forums) for years, just add the term "hamb" to whatever you're searching for. google works on short letter and number sequences, while the hamb search doesn't (last time I tried it, at least). also google lets you search repeatedly, no delay.

11. CruZer

CruZer

Thanks for all that you do,Ryan. I'm sure we'll all get used to it and learn to love it.
    Glenn

12. How long will the hamb be down,minutes ,hours or days? HRP

13. I look forward to your 'adventure threads" again. Always fun.
    Later,
    Dick

14. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Damn, I'm probably the most change-hatin'-est fool that has ever hated change, but how come I'm excited for this? You mean I have to learn new computer skills and swear at the top of my lungs at something other than a complete car or chunks of metal? COOL!!! Sign me up! Still think you should call the all-inclusive board "H.A.M.B. Classic" though...It gets the point across to slower, semi older minds like myself that it's what I'm looking for. It'll be so good to catch back up with my friends that have concentrated on the more focused sub boards the last six months!

15. QuakeMonkey

QuakeMonkey

It sounds like a way better reorganization to me. I look forward to it!

16. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

The information on the HAMB is important in whatever format you choose to select. As long as you continue to attract the posters, it will be successful. Your team has done a great job in the past so I see no reason to doubt your ambition to update the look and software. I will support you.

17. What about subscribing to threads? Is this feature going to stay the same? To me this is the best way to follow threads that are of interest to me, I must have over 100 all in different folders as to subject. Do what you need to do Ryan to keep this "THE BEST DAMN HOTROD FORUM ON THE WEB BAR NONE"!!!!!!!!!!

18. daddio211

daddio211

19. 51 MERC-CT

51 MERC-CT

All for progress.

[​IMG]

20. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

It only took me 6 months to catch up the last time.:D You can't get rid of me that easily. I'll catch up.

21. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

I'm old. The only change I like is the kind I carry in my pocket. Is change traditional?

22. ditto

23. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Thanks Ryan for all the work you do, to allow us the opportunity to enjoy traditional Rods and Customs in their truest form, without a bunch of crap!

<a href="http://s614.photobucket.com/user/hotrd32/media/HAMB%20Stuff/workinontheHAMB.jpg.html" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  24. buckd

buckd

If we can post photos from our computers without going through the rigamaroll of resizing or cropping to get them to load as attachments, I'll be really happy. Iv'e got enough photos of my builds from start to completion to do a bunch of build and tech threads. As it is I rarely post. BUCKD

25. No matter how many times you change it I will keep comming back!

26. Patiently waiting. :D HRP

[​IMG]

27. hallrods

hallrods

Only pre-65

28. The37Kid

The37Kid

If the "New Posts" feature stays or an updated version replaces it none of the fancy new stuff matters. I'll continue to hit "New Posts" read what I find interesting and continue to enjoy the Best Website on the internet. I'm still thinking about getting a cell phone, so the app stuff doesn't matter to me. Bob

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  29. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Glad you announce changes like this!
    I hate when I log on to a site (like ebay) and they have made major changes, with no warning. It always makes me wonder if my computer has been hacked, and I'm on a fake site or something!!