Register now to get rid of these ads!

New to the site and the Model A Family!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by mustachekustoms, Mar 10, 2014.

1. mustachekustoms

mustachekustoms
    from Odin, IL

Hello! I have a few projects I am about to start and a good friend referred me to this site. I recently acquired a 1928 Ford Model A Roadster Pickup and 3/4! My Uncle has owned this truck since the 60's! He has collected tons of literature (books, mags, manuals, restoration publications, etc.) and even more parts for nearly 50 years. He recently passed away in February and I was given the honor of taking over the project. Along with a near complete stock truck I have tons of new parts, tons of factory parts, as well as boxes of parts I haven't even had the chance to open yet. Some of the boxes are so old that they crumble when you try to open them. I am currently going thru old folders of pictures and various articles he had torn out of magazines for many years. It appears that in the 60's early 70's, he wanted to build a Street Rod, but as he got older his interest leaned more towards a stock truck. I believe I have enough parts to build both! I have tried to buy this truck for a lot of years, but he always joked saying I just wanted to chop it up to build a Hot Rod. I have never owned a Model A so this is all very new to me. I am hoping with a little help I can build what I thought he was shooting for, as well as adding my own touch! Thanks in advance for any input and inspiration!:D

2. choprodz

choprodz

Glad to see ya on here! Good peeps!

3. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Enjoy from Ct.

4. Welcome from Merrimac Ma.
    Good luck with your project

5. 55 Ford Gasser

55 Ford Gasser

Welcome from Virginia.

6. Fordguy

Fordguy

Welcome; Model 'A' s are great. Had mine for 40 years but sold it in '13. As to a truck, I hope you are not too tall or big as there is little leg room. Many guy's have sold their "A" truck because of this.

7. badgeree

badgeree

Welcome from Australia. There can never be too many Model A's on the road.