Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Air Conditioning hoses and fittings in Houston

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by aldixie, Mar 9, 2014.

1. aldixie

aldixie

Hi Guy's,
    I am installing an underdash AC unit in my 50 Chevy Sedan. I bought the underdash unit from a fellow Hot Rodder and it was installed in a C10 pickup. It came with all of the hoses but of course they are too long for my application. It's a nearly new unit same with the hoses. I have ordered the fittings for the Sanden 508 compressor that I am going to use.

Looking for a place in Houston or surrounding area that can supply the other fittings I need and crimp them on. I have seen a guy that goes to our local swap meets with AC stuff but can't find his card.

Thanks,

Alex

2. Gman0046

Gman0046

Crimp the fittings yourself and save the money. I borrow a crimper from the local parts store when I need it.

3. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Like Gman--I crimp all mine with a borrowed crimper as well-it is the old type that you use with a rachet in the vise--this way I know the hoses are right

4. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Most auto parts stores, CarQuest, O'Reilly's etc. have A/C fittings and hose in all the common sizes on hand or can order them for you from their local warehouse. Some even make up hoses for you.

5. aldixie

aldixie

Tried my local O'Reilly's on Spencer and just got blank looks and they didn't know anyone who did. I'm going to try Napa on main in La Porte tomorrow.

6. aaggie

aaggie

Contact Roger Lewis in Pearland, Texas. He is the local Vintage Air dealer and has a display at local shows and swap meets. Real nice guy and will make up your hoses.

7. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Try the CarQuest on Spencer at BW8 beside CVS. I worked at CarQuest for many years and made hose for lots at this and other CQ stores. They had, or easily could get, all the fittings and had a bubble crimper in the hose to crimp them.

8. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

X2. He did the hoses for my friends '53 Chevy.

9. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

His phone is 281-485 7366

10. aldixie

aldixie

Looks like Roger Lewis is the only place that can crimp them. Napa and Carquest can supply fittings but don't crimp anymore. Was recommended to a couple of Hydraulic hose companies but I know the fittings are different.

11. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

SUR&R is in Akron Ohio. They do business with most parts stored. The guy is super helpful, and makes repair and original connectors. Nuthin but great things from him.

12. Custom car cool in houston 713 680 9664

13. THE BRONSON

THE BRONSON

There is a guy that works at OReilly in bacliff that can help you out, can't remember his name though.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. aldixie

aldixie

Is that the one on 146?

Tried my O'Reilly's and they didn't do them.

15. aldixie

aldixie

Went to Roger Lewis in Pearland in the end. Did them while I waited and a good price too. Nice friendly guy to talk to.

16. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Glad it worked out for you

17. aldixie

aldixie

Finally have all of the hoses Hooked up. Got some wiring to do with the safety and electric fan switch. Need to pull a vacuum on it and make sure there are no leaks.

Attached Files: