Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sins of Steel 2014

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loveoftiki, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Alright wasn't sure if it was a go for 2014...the fairgrounds have been booked and the date has been set..........as usual the first Saturday in June....big shock!

Saturday June 7th
    4H fairgrounds
    Davisburg, MI

Check out the Facebook page and here for details as the date gets closer.

This may be a low frills year....more of a show up, enjoy the cars, friends, kind of back to basics. Hope you all show up for the usual day of fun.

2. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

Will be there.

Is the website current for registration & swap meet space?

3. No and don't know if it will be updated. Pre Reg has never been very big for this event, there's plenty of room, and many folks seem to wait on Mother Nature to dictate if they go or not.

4. .

Glad to hear this is gonna go down. I was disappointed last year when I heard it may be the last.

Putting it on the calendar and praying for good weather.

5. fordcpe

fordcpe

I will be coming too.I have lots of fun hope you can keep it going.Darrell

6. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

How about Midnight Mass for 2014? It was so much fun last year......

7. Sorry to say no Mass this year...as a matter of fact the Poor Boys are stepping away from the car show thing for a bit. We all felt we were putting to much time into planning, preparing and working at shows instead of spending time working on our cars. We aren't involved in SOS this year as a Club, but some of us will still be giving Boomer a hand. I love the show and look at it as a giant party where I can see the folks I can only see once a year. As for Mass.....maybe next year, make it a bi annual event. My goal for this car season is to have " meet up's " meaning pick some spots, announce it on here, and meet up! I live across the street from the last remaining Daily's Drive in...down the street from a Tiki themed restaurant that was opened in 1954, have a great downtown area a few miles away, and live near a 30 mile park setting...plenty of places to park, shoot the shit, and halve some laughs. As for me I'll see ya's all on the first Saturday in June as will all the other Poor Boys....except this year we will be relaxing and enjoying the show

8. 49_Caddy

49_Caddy
    1. GMB

That's a real bummer about Mass, that was the most fun we had all summer last year!

I do like your meet-up idea, I'm in the Royal Oak area now but I grew up in Plymouth so I know just the spots you're talking about. A low-key hang out with old cars in Hynes Park would be pretty awesome.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. That's the plan.....if winter ever ends

10. Nice to hear the show's a go for this year.......see you at Autorama.

11. hoodprop

hoodprop

Glad to know SOS is going on. Bummed about mass it was a fun show. You are right there are plenty of good cruising spots around the county.

12. The other thing is now some of the other local shows can get more folks to show. Ya got the painty raid, the speed shifters show, Relix riot, etc.

13. Well sadly one of the places I wanted to do a meet up is changing faces today. The Big Boy on Plymouth Rd opened in 1958 is becoming some sort of family restaurant....we got about 10 of them within a mile of each other...sucks, I was asking about signage etc..all going to corporate. Hopefully they get repurposed somewhere else in the country.

14. hoodprop

hoodprop

Duggans and Athens are always cool places. The A&W in ortonville is a cool drive in. Wouldn't mind cruising with you guys. Are you guys going to be in the basement at autorama.

15. Nope no basement for us this year

16. Bunch of us went to Daly's in Livonia from mid summer through fall - cool place and the drive in area is all original - let's plan on hitting it up there every 3 or 4 weeks through the spring till fall - nothing looks cooler then a bunch of old jalopies sitting under the drive in awning

We had 2 41Fords, a 29 A and a 32 Coupe there and had a blast

17. hoodprop

hoodprop

Looking to cruise my beater this summer and meet some other folks. Looking maybe to join a local club. I plan on driving mine daily once this weather breaks.

18. Keep an eye out on the GMB social group here on the HAMB for updates on Cruise Ins and we should get a local Reliability Run happening this season.

19. hoodprop

hoodprop

That would be cool and I will

20. I'm thinking every other week for us westsiders! I think a mid week and then a Saturday night deal would be cool, maybe the occasional Sunday in the park too

das858 likes this.
  21. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Sounds like some great ideas

Singlefingerspeedshop.com. Detroit

22. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

No Poorboys in the basement next week? That's just crazy talk.... Really?

23. Yep....gonna be strange...but only a few of us actually have running, driving, cars at the moment. And only a couple of those have never been in the basement. Going Thursday for move in and Saturday with the wife.

24. Hopefully we can all make this happen this year!

25. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Swing by the Roadents display and get you a sample of Tennessee's finest...

26. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Always a good group of guys at Sins from the Bay City/Saginaw/Midland area. We're all planning on coming again this year.

Frank

27. Much obliged!

28. You guys have come out every year...thanks for that. See ya in June, hopefully there won't be snow hills at the fairgrounds still

29. T-DeWitt

T-DeWitt

Me and my dad are going to try to make it this year with the model T.[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

30. LDNFAST

LDNFAST

I'm in for that. I personally took last year off only doing mass and sins. Most of our club has kids under 5 now so last year most of our shows we did were trips like the ecta standing mile and lonestar . This year it's all about cruising Woodward one night a week and another meet up on the weekend. We as a majority dig the drive more than shows. Hope to see you guys somewhere this summer we have been talking about Sunday brunch on Woodward at imperial taco with our cars . We also had a crazy idea of devils vs poor boys softball game and cruise at the old tiger stadium field . Pray this snow melts brother