Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Slick Devils and the 2014 Summit Racing Equipment I-X Piston Powered Cleveland Au

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Littleman, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Kevin will have his Mortician there as a Dirty Dozen. He drives this thing everywhere and if you havent seen it is now Ford powered!

[​IMG]

2. Gasser57

Gasser57

I'm really looking forward to putting my 57 in the show! It's gonna be a busy weekend. My band 45 Spider is playing Saturday and Sunday too! This should be a blast!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Gasser57

Gasser57

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1393598428.982296.jpg

4. 4 banger 4 life

4 banger 4 life
    from ohio

Hell ya see u guys there... going to be a great show.....

5. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Lookin' Forward to this one! Sounds like there will be a lot of cool cars! We'll be coming for the Day on Saturday.

6. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Don't forget some of us HAMB Vendors will be in the swap meet area. I know 2 for sure (Fleabag has a post here about vending) and I will have the HAMB Banner hanging on my spaces at Moonlight Movies.
    That reminds me Don....stop over on Friday before the Pin up contest goes down and I will give you a couple Pin Up Posters for the pin up contest "runner ups"....Freebees are always nice

7. That is really nice of you Bob, I will be sure to send the girls your way for a thank you!;)

8. Another of our Dirty Dozen is Tony's Little Miss Che~Vious...Can't wait to see this one in person!

[​IMG]

9. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Just as an "aside" to this if anyone going is still looking for an "equitably priced" clean and seemingly safe motel for next weekend try the Red Roof Inn in Middleburg Heights Ohio.

Under $70 a night including taxes about 12 miles from the event, stayed there the past 3 years without any "incidents"

10. Thanks Bob! The host hotel is the Airport Sheraton, I am sure there will be some "incidents" there:D

11. Krazy Paint Charity Panel Jam

Krazy Paint Ready to Get Krazy!

Krazy Paint, the Charity Panel Jam, will invade the Summit Racing I-X Center Piston Powered Auto-Rama in Cleveland, Ohio, March 14-16, 2014. Krazy Paint brings together pinstripers and other artists to paint items that go up for sale and auction. Then, 100% - yes, 100% - of that money goes to a kid's charity. They do this to honor a longtime pinstriper's tradition of helping kids. The crowds that generate around the Krazy Paint booth can attest to the popularity of the artists and their work.

Krazy Paint artists donate their time, talent and materials to help raise money for kids. Coming from places like Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Michigan, Indiana and even Canada, they spend their own money to be a part of it. Painters will typically enter the event with art ready to sell and create even more items over the weekend. In return, Krazy Paint does everything it can to send painters home happy when it's over. Krazy (Goodie) Bags are presented to the painters and are filled with donated items such as gift cards, products, hats and T shirts. Pinstriping and sign painting suppliers such as 1 Shot Paint and Mack Brush donate the products used as well as prizes for the painters.

And Krazy Paint is more than just raising money. It's a place for artists to get together and socialize while trading both new and old ideas for painting, pinstriping, cartooning, signs and other types of painting. Artists have fun with features like the Tag Team Panel Jam where six artists paint on six identical panels, then rotate them so every artist 'Tags' every panel. At Krazy Paint, they do this to music, both recorded and live. It's one of many features unique to Krazy Paint. This year, two new Krazy Paint features, never before seen at any Charity Panel Jam, will be introduced at the event. Krazy Paint officials are only saying that two painters will head home very happy and well rewarded for their contributions.

Krazy Paint is also the new place in the Midwest to buy high end, Kustom Kulture Art. Kulture Art is hand painted designs, cartoons and signs on everything from framed panels, toilet seats, mailboxes to musical instruments, car parts and clothing. Folks all over the world are avidly collecting Kulture Art and with over 50 artists contributing to Krazy Paint, the variety is exceeded only by the quantity. Artists use painting techniques involving Hot Rod icons such as Kandy Kolors, Gold Leaf and Metalflake paint to create these works of art.

About Krazy Paint - Krazy Paint was created by painters, John Carollo and Ryan Mohr, to fill the void in Cleveland car shows for Charity Panel Jams. After three successful years, two more artists, Mark Hagstrom and Dave Cusimano, came aboard to help. The Krazy Paint Kore Fore are also known by their painting names of JC23, Old Skool, Fat Daddy and Cooz and operate Krazy Paint from Northeastern Ohio.

About the Charity - The charity for Krazy Paint events is the Career and Technical School Foundation. They are a 5013C organization that's been raising funds to provide scholarships for Cuyahoga Valley Career Center students for over 13 years. They also help other schools and groups.

More Information:
    www.KrazyPaint.org
    www.facebook.com/KrazyPaint

12. DH9185

DH9185

Just lovely. Think I'll trailer her up on Tuesday.

Attached Files:

13. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

We will be moving in Thu. Should be fun getting all the road grime off.:D

14. c57heaven

c57heaven

especially after the predicted 4-6 inches of snow on Wednesday.

15. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Ya this sucks....but I'll be there vending no matter what, just have to add an extra Dog to the sled.
    Better trade in the slicks for set of studded snows for the Willys Don...see you there

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  16. DH9185

DH9185

Would sure be nice if they could open up load-in to Tuesday. A lot of cars could get in ahead of the bad weather. Many don't care if the car is there or sitting home in the garage. I know I'd rather tow up Tuesday than through the snow and salty roads Thursday. If they have security I 'd have no problem towing it up Tuesday and leaving her trailered.

17. c57heaven

c57heaven

new car show may still be cleaning up...??

18. DH9185

DH9185

I'd think they would be clear enough by then to allow trailers to come in and park. Then roll the cars in on Thursday.

19. DH9185

DH9185

Sent an email to Jim Kostas but not holding my breath.

20. BucketHeadBart

BucketHeadBart
    from illinois

Im moving in wednesday.

Leaving chicago 6 AM, Wish I had an enclosed trailer.
    Guess we'll just throw a tarp a over it and hope for the best. LOL

21. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Your call but I wouldn't tarp a car on an open trailer...you can't keep it tight in the wind and the floppin tarp can beat the crap out a finish going down the road.
    Sounds stupid but a better idea is shrink wrapping it....I have seen it done.

22. BucketHeadBart

BucketHeadBart
    from illinois

I truly do appreciate the concern but theres really not any good paint on the car.

BUT wrapping it might not be a bad idea.

23. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Just an idea, brought a 55 with fresh paint back to Pa from Wisconsin on an open trailer with a soft cover tied tight...big mistake and I learned the hard way.
    I have a buddy that had a 65 Falcon gasser with original paint and decals he used to display in the winter months, he used to shrink wrap it when weather was bad on an open trailer.
    $40.00 worth of 36" wide rolled wrapped tight worked well for him...when he got there he cut it off along the rocker and tires and pulled it off in about 5 minutes...not cheap but saved hours of cleaning salt and crap off

24. From the Slick Devils' facebook...

Due to the weather forecast for Wednesday and possibly Thursday, we're working in a move in day on Tuesday for anyone driving their car to the show. You'll have to park your car in the upper floor of the South Hall and come back to move it onto the show floor, but it beats driving in snow. Again, this would be for those driving their vehicle to the show and is for the South Hall only. I'll have more details tomorrow, in respect to times/etc. but I wanted to let everyone know we're trying to make this an option.

Stay tuned for more details!!

25. DH9185

DH9185

Jim Kostas say Tuesday is a go! Trying to find out if we can park/leave trailers. Will let you know or post here if you find out first. Great move!

26. IX Center managment has made it official this morning. Tuesday (tomorrow) will be available for move-in for participants driving their cars to the show in the South Hall.

1). You'll have to park your car in the balcony area until Thursday when you'll have to come back to move onto the show floor in your spot.

2). This is only for South Hall participants that are driving their cars to display at the show.

3). Move-in time on Tuesday will be from 9:00AM - 7:00PM.

4). Tuesday's move-in will be just so you can take advantage of the weather if you're driving your car....none of the services available during normal move in - like getting your credentials/etc. - will be available on Tuesday. You will need to contact Jim Turcheck via facebook and let him know you are planning on doing this.

27. The Sheraton is the host hotel for the event and is right at Hopkins International airport. There will be a shuttle service from the IX center to the hotel starting an hour before the show and will run to an hour after the show! This shuttle is at no charge!

28. c57heaven

c57heaven

nice to see that some venues/people are flexible...:)

29. Mike Hilton and Hilton Family Racing will have this survivor Ford gasser as a Dirty Dozen feature car, show is a couple days away.....anticipation!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  30. novabbc

novabbc

We will be there on Thursday. Really looking forward to it!