Register now to get rid of these ads!

Garage find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LoneSpar, Feb 26, 2014.

1. LoneSpar

LoneSpar
    from Pacific NW

She wants me to sell them. She knows they are worth something,she just didn't realize how much.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

How do you sell stuff like this? CL? Fleabay? Forum classifieds?

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

You sir, are a true gentleman, I'm sure you will get a good payback some were down the road. Bob :)

4. badsix

badsix
    from oregon

SELL? Portland swap meet first part of April
    Jay D.

5. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

What a tasteless statement....shame on you....maybe she is like most and choosing between buying food or buying her meds......either way it is none of our business.

6. HAMB classified is a good place to start selling.

7. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

A honorable response if one is selling for just themselves.
    Set a price and see what happens.
    In this case as the cash raised is for another the free market of that big auction place should be used.Set a good price and let the market dictate the final number.
    I had 2 good friends who as a dying wish asked me to clean out buildings and sell the contents with the proceeds going to the wife. Both times there were items that sold for far more than my expectations,even after doing market research and putting items on at what I deemed fair market value.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  8. roughneck424

roughneck424

Well said.

9. wade57

wade57
    from BC Canada

Good on you Lonespar. It must have been quite fun going through that time capsule

10. Thumper

Thumper

You Sir.....are a class act. For what your doing...you will be rewarded on down the line. :D

11. tiredford

tiredford
    from Mo.

Good Karma back to you.

12. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Whether she has money or not.that's not the issue. You are doing an honorable thing. Glad to have you here.

13. zoomma

zoomma

Your the man.
    Great thing that you're doing.

14. LoneSpar

LoneSpar
    from Pacific NW

I a built a little model so that I have something to refer to as I put the Tri powers together

Attached Files:

15. dargman69

dargman69
    from istanbul

Very classy, LoneSpar.

16. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

That is cool, man you have good karma coming your way.

17. INTEGRITY.... Its the only thing that no man can take from you. but its sad that some just give it away. you my friend have it...good on you

18. Way to go!!! Kinda cool that a hobby enjoyed by her husband is now helping her in a time of need.

19. creepjohnny

creepjohnny

Mike Wasson at pontiactripower.com maybe interested in some of those. Send him an email. Maybe easier than lugging to a swapmeet. He restores Pontiac tri power carbs and manifolds perfectly

20. I was thinking it was possible that she likes this guy, knows he's into old car stuff, and wants to bestow a gift upon him that she knows he'll appreciate...and get her garage cleaned out at the same time.

I was also thinking it was possible that she could have been offended that he would take said gift, sell it all off, and come back to her with the money saying "look, I know how poor you are and all..."

I didn't know the full scenario. Didn't know that they had discussed selling it for her profit. If she told him she wanted the most money out of it and he's going to make that happen and not skim any off the top, then absolutely he is a prince among men.

21. LoneSpar

LoneSpar
    from Pacific NW

Everything sold will be for HER profit. I built a model out of the parts as a reference for putting them together. She thought or was cute and said I could keep it when its all done. But all the money is for her.

Attached Files:

22. phoenix5x

phoenix5x
    from Ohio

Would be interested in some carbs and an intake for a 390 if you happen to find some...or at least let me know when they go up for sale on

Thanks

23. LoneSpar

LoneSpar
    from Pacific NW

So far the 2 bbls are all Rochesters. I have a few Holley 4 bbls and Carters

24. sadsack

sadsack

you da the man
    sadsack

25. Wedgehead426

Wedgehead426

You are doing a good thing, and down the road it will come back to you. My wife and I once went to a estate sale, and the young couple were selling off "dads" stuff. I picked up a wooden wine crate on the floor that had a bunch of ammo, some gun leather and a like new in the box Ruger Standard .22 pistol. I asked how much for all of it as I like firearms also. The guy asked the woman how much did she want for the "gun stuff". The woman said she didn't care, she just wanted that stupid stuff gone. I asked the guy if maybe he wanted to keep them to pass onto his kids someday and he told me to make a offer, no way his kids are going to have anything like that. Ok dude, I give you $100 bucks for all of it. He had his hand out before I could even reach for my wallet. Did I feel guilty? Hell no! I still have my dads tools, guns, and fishing rods, and I hope my son will keep them also. But if it was a situation like yours, it would have been different. You did a good thing helping that lady out.

26. Nice job. All the time and effort spent is probably nothing compared to the smile that is on the ladies face when everything is cleaned up and the bank account is satisfied. All the hot rodders above are cheering you on and the arseholes below are wishing they had your heart of gold.

27. got rust2

got rust2

Good job, what's your stall number in Portland?
    I'll be there in the morning.

28. LoneSpar

LoneSpar
    from Pacific NW

Yeah I'm still holding on to them. She asked me not to sell em yet. I don't know what the holdup is. My shop is quite the mess now

29. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Guess she wasn't as ready to part with those parts as she thought!