Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ever Find Any Old Coins In A Old Car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Solospeedshop, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Solospeedshop

Solospeedshop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Was cleaning out the inside of the Hog Barn 61 Fuelie Vette! This vette was in a Hogbarn since 84 untouched! I was digging out mud in body mount holes & wow a 1942 Liberty half dollar! Wonder how it ever got there onder carpet & all? Tks Bill

Attached Files:

2. henry29

henry29

I'll trade you for the gold Pokemon coin I found in my 67 nova.

3. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

several times but nothing much--a 1940 nickel in the bottom of a 40 door-put it in the ashtray-imagine it's still there-sold it in 05

4. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Got a rx bottle full of ancient egypt, india, spanish and similar coins that i just found today cleanin out an impala... a few dating back a few thosand years.

5. My first real job was working in a wrecking yard. All they did was scrap so every car that came in got cut and hauled. We had to completely remove the interior before the bodies could be hauled. Amazing the stuff we found. This was in 1959.

6. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

I used to build police squad cars-you should see what I found!:eek:

7. Well,I found what I thought was a coin when I was pulling up the carpet in a old Impala but it turned to be a condom lid.:rolleyes:

There was some loose change and a few petrified french fries. HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  8. ned5049

ned5049

Found a 1939 dime in my 1949 Merc in 1985. Still have both.

9. Model T1

Model T1

A few dozen corroded pennies of various years.

10. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

3 Morgan silver dollars, and one 1922 liberty silver dollar on the floorboards of a 1958 ford wagon

11. 34fordmetal

34fordmetal

In the door pilar of a 28 coupe, found a Morgan 1/2 dollar. A slot by the windshield. Someone lost the bet!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. mike16

mike16
    from bisbee

back in 1984, in a 1965 Pontiac 2+2 catalina I found an aluminum 1945 Belgian 1 franc coin. what history that coin must have experienced huh?

13. I found a $2 note in a door once- I had put it in there 20 years earlier as a 4 year old to "see if it fits down this slot"- and never told the folks about it, and remembered it just before it went to the wrecking yard.
    In the first U.S. import I bought (60 Caddy), I found a dime under the back seat.
    I still carry it in my wallet because I have said that if a "bum comes up to me and asks for a dime for cup of coffee (like they used to in the old movies)", I will gladly hand it over. Being in Australia and a seeing a cup of coffee is 3 bucks, I reckon it will stay there a long time.

14. Nobey

Nobey

Years ago my friend Robert bought a 1956 Cad Eldorado from the original
    owner. The guy that built the Madonna Inn here in Calif. bought it for his
    wife. It was a low milage car with plastic covers over the seats. When we
    pulled the rear seat there was a Morgan silver dollar. Still have the coin,
    wish I could have bought that car from Robert. The problem was, it was too
    long for my garage.

15. JimSibley

JimSibley

found a 32 penny in a 31 ford coupe once. sold it on ebay for $50. guess it was a rare one, had a miss printed letter after the date. I think it was a backwards d.

16. 53 sparky

53 sparky

Nothing too spectacular but my '62 c10 had something like $8.50 in change under the seat and in the ashtray.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

17. flyboy89

flyboy89
    from So. Cal.

That will buy you OVER two gallons of gas here in SoCal!

18. i found a silver dollar in my door of my 1955 chevy sport coupe..it was the passengers window..i could picture a kid playing around sliding it on the glass till it slipped down and gone into the door..then not saying anything cuz their butt would have got a spankin...still have the dollar to this day...car not so much

19. Muttley

Muttley

There is a penny embedded in that tar stuff stuck to the top of the gas tank in my Comet. I noticed it there a few years ago when I had the tank cleaned by a local radiator shop. I'm guessing it's been there since the car was new but unfortunately it's face down so I cant see the date on the coin, probably fell out of the workers pocket at the assembly plant.

20. indyjps

indyjps

I always see to find old half burnt joints crammed in some unaccessible area. Guess I need to watch who I buy vehicles from. Another good reason to gut and clean the interior of any car you buy.

21. doinbad

doinbad
    from celina tn

All i ever find is penny's and rat nest!

22. Jim,I have been collecting coins for most of my life..a backward Denver mint mark would fetch upward to hundreds of thousands of dollars,maybe more.:eek:

The 1932 "D" average condition on today's market is worth about 70 cent.

Could it have been a 1931 "S" (San Francisco)? now that penny will bring good money. HRP

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  23. The best I ever found was a 1/4 drive socket set in and OT car.

I put two 1957 coins under the rear seat of my Chevy.

24. When I was cleaning out my 1947 chevy truck, I found a 1948 penny by the driver side. I put it in the ashtray for safe keeping.

25. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

In the 80s I bought a '59 Chev sedan delivery and when I pulled up rear carpet I found coffin rollers, seems it was converted to a hearse in LA at one time.

26. Solospeedshop

Solospeedshop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This One Is CQQL! My buddy buys a 63 Impala! Mint garage find off a real old lady & she bought it new! He drove it home & looked in trunk to see if maybe original jack was still there & trunk Crammed full with marijuana! He called her & didn't really know how to ask & told her he found something in trunk! She asked what? He told her & she said Oh Dam I forgot where I put it! You can have it that she got more after loosing it!
    LOL! Bill

27. rbroadster

rbroadster

When I was stripping the trunk of my '57 Lincoln I had finally gotten down to the rubberized mat the lays over the fuel sending unit cover [under the plaid interior mat].

I noticed some folded paper and proceeded to unfold 16 $20 bills all dated 1957!!

Not exactly coin-related, but I'll take it!

-RBR

28. kidzintha34fodor

kidzintha34fodor

I always dump doors upside down, I found a couple of old pennies in a 37 Chevy, the oldest one was a 1923!

29. isn't that the truth, I built squads for many years. Always used gloves on the changeovers cause you never knew what you would come up with.

30. BootleggerMatt

BootleggerMatt

No joke, my friend bought a '60 impala and found some pills under the floor mat. I found a lighter and rolling papers in my Galaxies seat, that would suck for whatever reason to have a cop find those.