Register now to get rid of these ads!

Northern IL Transplant

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom.Falcon, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

2. Bcometfx

Bcometfx
    from NC Indiana

Not sure about the hamb scene but I know there is lots of customs and hot rods in Chicago. Lots of car clubs. Lots of good small and large shows every weekend.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Look up the Roman Chariots cc. Thery cruise shows every weekend!

4. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

5. Bcometfx

Bcometfx
    from NC Indiana

The romin chariots are a great group of people. Whenever I head out that way that's who we hang out with.

6. ....check out the HAMB calendar...lots of stuff listed in this area. Make sure you hit our club's Scrap Drive in Belvidere.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  7. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Illinois

I'm in downers grove not far from you. Pretty good around here let me know if your looking for something in particular.

8. Don't want to miss the Meltdown Drags. It should also be on the hamb calendar. If you're into swap meets there's one on the 16th in Grayslake at the new fairgrounds. That's next Sunday. Starts at 8:00 AM

9. There is a cruise night of some kind every night of the week around here. Pick up a copy of Ledfoot News, it has listings of a lot of the shows and cruises.

10. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I will be in Grayslake next Sunday. Hope to meet you there.

11. malibustevens

malibustevens
    from Illinois

Iron invasion first weekend in oct. In woodstock il.

Vintage torque fest first weekend in may...kinda a haul...Iowa.

12. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

hook up with the Tin Butchers. Great bunch of guys. They are known to hang out at Kerry Hopperstad's shop in Belvedere. They run the Scrap Drive held in Belvedere in June.

13. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

Thanks fellas, sounds like good stuff is happening. I couldn't bring the Falcon with me; the bird's in Cal still. Just looking for some shows, cruises, and swaps to keep me satiated.

14. SBCWelder

SBCWelder

I'm in Antioch, not far from you. There are some great guys and clubs around, and plenty of events over the summer, and even a few during the winter. The suggestions above are great. Once you make a couple events, especially swap meets, you'll keep hearing about more and more.