Register now to get rid of these ads!

Virginia Route 29

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48FordFanatic, Mar 8, 2014.

1. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

The end of March I will be driving to Martinsville for a NASCAR race there. Saturday 3/29 I will be driving from my son's place in Alexandria through Charlottesville to Lynchburg on Rt 29. Just wondering if anyone knows of anything worth seeing along the route. Virginia alone is worth seeing . What's the saying ...." I reside in Maine , but I live in Virginia" Thanks, John

2. Hopefully some of the folks on the Va. Social Group will see this and chime in. They are a pretty active group, always doing some road trips around the state. They would know what's up. Good luck, sounds like a fun trip to Martinsville........Go Jr.!:D

3. Check out the thread about Leon's Salvage yard in Culpepper. Worth the visit if it is in fact still an active salvage yd.

4. There is a Military Vehicle museum right on 29 in Danville,,if you come down that far on 29.

5. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Thanks, looks like something worth while. We are going right past it so I'll give them a call to see what their hours are on Saturdays.

6. Hogdriver

Hogdriver
    from VA

Leon's is still open. Still some good stuff there.

7. musew

musew

Just South of Leon's, and just North of Madison, is this place:
    http://www.autoseastclassics.com/index.shtml

It will be on your right, tucked in between some other commercial buildings.
    Fairly small operation, but they usually have two or three interesting cars for sale.

No affiliation, just know it from passing by.