Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rebuilding 55 Ford seats

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by junkyardjeff, Mar 6, 2014.

1. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I got my front seat at the shop and reupholstering and repadding it between customers cars,my 55 has a third color in the seats that should not be there and I think they ran out of the one color since its a very late 55 build but could not find a match to that color so its going to be the way it should have been. I only have before pictures and will take the camera to work tomorrow to show some in progress pictures,I am only doing the front seat right now but after its installed I think the back will be done shortly.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  2. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

After 3 trips to Florida with springs poking me in the back and my legs going numb since there was not much foam left on cushion on the drivers side it was time to do something,I really wanted to keep the original material on the seat and just repad it but just too many cracks in the vinyl and the pleats coming apart on the drivers side plus the holes in the backrest from the broken springs it was time for new material. The seats when done will look too shiny compared to the rest of the interior but not enough money to do it all right now,I can not wait until they are done as it will be much more comfortable to drive.

3. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Got some work done on them before I had to work on a customers car,I will have the cushion done early next week but still need to order some foam.

Attached Files:

4. Bcometfx

Bcometfx
    from NC Indiana

Looks great!!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I am going to finish the seat before the car comes out this spring,I drove it all last summer with my nasty spare seat so the top did not get dropped much. I bet in a week of the new seat being in the car I will order the material for the rear seat.