Register now to get rid of these ads!

1941 Ford "businessman's" coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dieseldust, Feb 1, 2014.

1. dieseldust

dieseldust

Hi guys this will be my first 40,s hot rod , its a great start I think , I am looking for some advise, its sitting on a boxed frame 69 chevelle front clip and a 69 chevelle rear-end and suspension , thrust angle of 0.12 ,everything straight and body is bolted down to frame, I am curious as to the width in the front has anyone used a chevelle front clip in a 41 before and if so any isues.

Cheers
    James

http://[​IMG]http://[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. panheadguy

panheadguy
    from S.E. WI

Don't know what you mean by .12 thrust angle?
    I love the body style but frankly don't think much of the frame swap. I'd be surprised if the track width wasn't too wide by a couple inches. Looks like they chopped the hell out of the floor to fit. If it was mine I'd look for a donor chassis and start fresh.
    That would be my advise.

3. fatkoop

fatkoop

I can't remember ever seeing a frame swap or clip I liked as much as an original frame. I know there are a ton of guys out there that do it, and many are really are happy with it, but I just don't see being worth it. I agree with panheadguy, find another chassis and go from there. You'll be ahead in the long run.

4. Rodshop

Rodshop

Width is going to be the biggest potential issue. Find out how that compares to the original chassis. Cool car and you should have fun with this project! Good luck!

5. 416Ford

416Ford