Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Addiction?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lazlobassett, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

I am wondering of I am truly ill and suffering a terrible addiction or if my condition is relatively normal. In the last 4 months I have bought 5 cars.
    Starting with a incomplete but very cool chopped 30 ford coupe ( flat head, super t-10, QC rear, then a '34 dodge coupe, barn find nailhead 3 spd toploader and 9", then a '36 Lincoln 4 door convertible 414 cid V-12, '34 ford roadster custom ( real henry metal, 49 caddy v-8, 5 spd, QC rear, and yesterday a 59 corvette.... I cant seem to help it.
    No, not married, divorced with Girlfiend....

I seem to find a lot of stuff and always think, " well, one more is ok and I'll sell something..." I rarely sell anything but am trying to do better there ( need parking spaces). Today I heard about a old '55 chevy gasser, 427, M-22 for 6500.00 How could anyone pass that up? See? I'm off again!

Cheers!

2. A addiction and the money to back it up,BUYING 4 CARS IN THE LAST 5 MONTHS,,I don't see a problem.:D HRP

3. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Careful it can become a fatal disease. I will die with it.

4. CayoRV

CayoRV

I'm afraid I may be coming down with the same affliction. Two model A's in the last 6 days! I wasn't looking for them they just seem to find me.

5. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good for you--I would too if I had the room--just a couple at a time for me. Yes it is an addiction.

6. 55 Ford Gasser

55 Ford Gasser

Everyone on this site (even if they don't admit it ) probably has this problem. I know I do, but my wife makes me sell something if I want something else. I built another garage but now it's full. But, in the end, the one that dies with the most toys, still dies. A signature of another Hamber says something about projects making him happy, he just doesn't think about finishing them (or something like that ). That's my feelings as well. I like looking at my cars and dreaming about how they could or will look when and/if I ever finish them.

7. NorCArl

NorCArl
    from California

same

8. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

As long as the money is there it's not a problem.

When you start selling your blood or a kidney, well.......

9. This reminds me of a story Deuce Roadster related to me years ago.

The gist of the conversation is a elder guy was talking to him and he said he sure wished that some day he had the money to finish hes roadster,the guy looked around at all the engines ,spare parts,and 4 project cars and said you can if you unload all this.

Randy said a light went off and he started selling the extra parts and within 8 months he was able to drive the car of his dreams. HRP

10. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

Selling your blood is like changing the oil.

11. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

You're just on a 'heavy metal' diet is all.

12. No way.....it's not an addiction. I can quit anytime I want..........no, really I could............

13. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You've come to the wrong place for advice. All you will find here are enablers and encouragers. :)

14. As long as you have the clams for it, and the space. its just like collecting art or anything else but you get to play with yours!

15. williebill

williebill

Divorced for almost 10 years, when I buy something even my friends don't understand, my standard answer is 'there's isn't anyone anymore to tell me NO"
    I fail to see a problem here.....

16. I'm addicted to brake fluid. It's ok; I can stop anytime.
    ;) :rolleyes:

17. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

My name is matt and it has been one day since I bought a car....

Attached Files:

18. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

An addiction like that is not an addiction at all, it's a goal! I congratulate you Sir!

19. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You are definitely sick. This is not normal. Someone has to stop you. I will take it upon myself to help. I will come pick up these cars at no cost and let you get on with a normal life. LOL!

20. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

If you feel that you have too many you could always sell me the corvette or trade

21. B.Sharp

B.Sharp

Hi Matt, Welcome to the addicts club. Some good looking cars there. If I weren't married, I would have to eat sheet metal for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I could not afford food, :).. lol

22. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

I'm not totally sure I can afford it either, the last two were pretty heavy but i felt I couldnt afford not to buy them either. What if I never came across another one? A life time of regret! could end up with depression, alcoholism....who knows! Ok, I all ready have a 59 corvette, but isn't 2 better? What if the first one breaks? I didn't even try to buy the '62 i found yesterday... its an automatic and I don't like them...

I am impatiently waiting for the weather to break so I can dig out the Lincoln and the 59. I left the '34 in Florida where I found it, anxious to go back to get it. I do have to move some cars to make parking spaces.

irresistible deals.....one and all....

23. teejay99

teejay99

Hey , if you want it and it's affordable , do it , and do it fast . Other things can happen in life ...my wife has just been diagnosed with dementia and it will change both of our lives . I won't have the opportunity to get the '56 F100 I've always wanted . Shit happens .

T

24. Chevy Gasser

Chevy Gasser

I don't see a problem until you show us pictures!

25. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

I posted pix...I know how it is around here, no pix and everyone calls BS Shenanigans !

See page 1, no pix of the '55 gasser yet...

I do have pix of the '62 from yesterday and the canned ham camper I forgot I bought....

Attached Files:

26. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

I don't see a problem. If you can afford them, have a means of storing them so they don't deteriorate and are good buys. Its better than money in the bank. Buy them while you can.

27. It might be a problem, if you forget what you bought. :D Nah, it's okay, we all understand.

28. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

Happy days then! Going to pick up canned ham today... And look at Monte Carlo ... It's supposed to
    Be free:)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

29. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

This is what is called "getting down with the sickness"!!!! Damn dude, from the looks and sounds of things, you really be getting down. I say, CONGRATS!!!

30. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Man, you are sick! Turn all those cars over to me and be FREE!:D