Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Turning up the heat at the 2014 Texas Thaw

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toptinman, Mar 3, 2014.

1. bigken

bigken

Big Winner in the D/Hot Rod Class was Rick Westmoreland.......I think we've seen this car before......;)

Attached Files:

2. bigken

bigken

Class Winner in H/MC (Hot Motorcycle) went to this gorgeous Triumph......piloted by Ryan Ambrose..... Brought with other Triumphs by Big D Cycles.

Attached Files:

3. bigken

bigken

Our Bracket Winner from the day, was K. Llano, in this nice Mopar.....

Attached Files:

4. bigken

bigken

In our Purpose Built racecar class, Bob Scoggins took top honors.....

Attached Files:

5. bigken

bigken

Return winner (7 years) I think, winner in Purpose Built/Electronics, was the stellar Jimmy O'Neal, is this gorgeous Corvette. (trophy accepted by crew)

Attached Files:

6. bigken

bigken

The Torques Car Club would like to thank each and everyone of you crazy car loving, drag racing folks, that came out the 7th annual Texas Thaw, at Northstar Dragway, yesterday.
    Wow, record crowd, record number of race cars, record number of car show participants. Y'all made it tough, getting through the pits. THANK YOU.
    Major thanks to all our sponsors and vendors. ...This stuff doesn't happen, without you.
    Incredible thanks to Northstar Dragway, for hosting, and bending over backwards, to help us make this event, a blast for everyone. Track owner, Gene Nicodemus, goes way out of his way, to make the facility, rock, and the show as smooth as possible.
    We owe some kudos to the Big Guy upstairs for blessing us with weather, the biggest race fan, could even conjure up. WOW, was that weather stellar, or what! Yea, just look at Sunday. hahahaha
    Thanks to all the car clubs that participated, built and presented trophies. Thanks guys, you add tremendously, to the show.
    To all the friends that came out, THANK YOU.

7. t-buckethead

t-buckethead
    from texas

No thank you bigken for an awesome day!

8. TopTinMan - great picture taking....and thanks for the pic of the wagon with er' new socksnshoes...
    Ken -it was a great day and time - thanks to all for the show !

Denise got her some flatheads on the visit - and kudo's to Tim for his help..

Jim Dedman and friends are always at Keller's and I'll see him tomorrow to mention the trophy's -they run out of Terrell so I'm sure they left a little early.

9. Rusty

Rusty

10. Man, all good pics. Thanks.

11. dan31

dan31

Thanks for posting,looks like there was some pretty close racing.Great action shots.

12. saltracer

saltracer

absolutely love the pictures! Used a few on our Facebook page (Southern Gassers) especially Bodacious the Studebaker gasser as it's me and my buddy John's car. thanks again.

13. seatex

seatex

hated missing it this year!

14. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Lots of neat lookin' cars there. I especially like the Chevy II wagon with the straight axle.