Register now to get rid of these ads!

need helping locating rear rubber for a 1953 nash rambler 2dr station wagon rear door

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hartmen, Feb 20, 2011.

1. hartmen

hartmen
    BANNED

i need the rubber for the rear window for the 53 nash. looked all over the net for it and can not locate. im affraid if i take it to the glass people in town they will charge me an arm and leg for it.

i took them my 67 mustang last summer and they wanted 3x more than what i could buy thru online websites.

2. ramzoom

ramzoom
    from California

If your talking about the rear hatch window I have yet to find anyone that reproduces the exact stuff. I did find a guy that can make new ones off an original but not cheap.

Anything to do with that rear window is tough to find. I scored a complete upper hatch with perfect rubber and glass about 6 months ago for a spare for my 60 American 2 dr. wagon. Maybe theres some universal type stuff??
    Good luck!

3. farna

farna

There's a universal gasket that you have to cut and glue in the corners. I had to use it for the side glass on my 63 wagon. Cut the material 1/8"-1/4" long and use contact cement in the corners. It will compress when installed, shrinks with age. Contact Peter Stathes at www.amcrambler.com. He should be able to help you out. As far as I remember the 53 stuff is the same as the 58-60 American.

4. metro molded rubber in minn. has a asst. of stuff for cut to fit

5. hartmen

hartmen
    BANNED

o i hate hearing this....

it does not have to be original repop. it can be universal. what it is im using a 53 nash rambler rear hatch in my custom car. ive already threw away the old rubber. :(

6. rumfather

rumfather

You can find your windshield rubber at www.NashRamblerRubber.com . They carry 58-63 Rambler American windshield rubber front and back, and 57-59 AMC Rambler windshield gasket. Good quality rubber from original factory molds going back to 49, should work well for the 53 Nash. They have been a reliable vendor for our Nash Ambassador. Their torque tube stabilizer trunnion kept our Nash on the road, and made a big difference in driving straight. Nobody else had a trunion stabilizer or could help, but they did.
    Jim

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  7. farna

farna

You didn't say it was a wagon in the first post! The 58-63 Rambler American hatch is close -- if not the same. But it's just a channel that the glass sits in. You should be able to measure the channel in the hatch itself and find something to fit. Cut lengths about 1/8" long as they will shrink slightly. Contact cement works to hold it to the metal and to hold the cut ends together.

8. MP&C

MP&C

9. sadsack

sadsack

I agree with the steele reply
    sadsack

10. ramzoom

ramzoom
    from California

This thread is over 3 years old.....lol

Just saying....:rolleyes: