Register now to get rid of these ads!

1950 plymouth Frankenstein

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Robert Wesley Holmes Jr., Aug 12, 2012.

1. Howdy everyone,
    Looking for some interior idea's. If ya got some pics I would love to see them.
    Thanks, Rob

2. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I think the visor makes the chop look a little "flat-top-esque" or square. The car is really cool overall!

Here's a link to the Lee lenses: www.leelenses.com

3. Thanks for the input. The cool thing about the visor is that I can take it off and on.LOL The sucky part is that with it on the car I only have 6.5 inchs of vision, 9 inchs with out it. Anyway Thanks for the link to the lee lights!! That is awesome I am going to get a set of those lenses asasp. That was what I was looking for. Your the man Scott
    Thanks, Rob

4. Gromit

Gromit

I really like it. I was wondering how one would look chopped :) Such a cool car. and I'd leave the D plate, but paint it satin black or body colour whatever that ends up being

5. IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0351.JPG

IMG_0408.JPG

IMG_0440.JPG

IMG_0751.JPG

IMG_1224.JPG

IMG_1094.JPG Okay it been awhile, but been pluggin away at Frank Here's some pictures for you all to have a look see.

6. Here's some more pics.
    Oh the T coupe was a piles of parts and yard art just a few weeks ago. Couldn't help myself...

Attached Files:

7. ratwasp

ratwasp

Nice job, really seems to flow! I knew that hood scoop looked familiar! You stickin with those wheels/caps?

8. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

I see your front shocks are still mounted to the upper arm......try relocating your shocks like this and you will really notice a difference in the ride.:)

[​IMG]

9. kbgreen

kbgreen
    1. Georgia Hambers

Chop has good proportion, agree on 56 chevy lights, what about something round?

10. Spanish Fly

Spanish Fly

Very cool ride ..............................sweet

11. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

I'm not much of a chop kind of guy, but that looks OK, except I think the visor is too long, maybe if it was 1/2 the length it would work better.

I like the Park Bench rear bumper, but I think I'd flip the plate smooth side up.
    Do you have the paint plan all figured out? I see red inserts in the dash, you could carry it through the seats (though it might be tough to cut up what looks like nice seats), the red center with the dark outside edges.

Nice to see your keeping it Mopar powered. Gene

12. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Hi Robert,
    Hope you don't mind - I did a quick photoshop; installing the taillight lenses, filling a few holes, and adding '53 Buick side trim:
    [​IMG]
    You'd have to modify the front wheel openings a bit, and I'm guesstimating the actual size of the trim, but you get the idea. My first car when I was 15 was a '50 Deluxe moredoor, and somewhere I have a sketch I did back then of it with that trim and two-toned black over white. Hope you like it...
    -Chris

13. Thanks to you all for the input. I like the Buick trim for sure and the tail light covers in your crop job. I was looking for the trim awhile back but had no luck. And I and looking at some Lee lenses for the tail lights.
    As for the the shock mount relocation,yep it's on my list of t do's. I also want to make some spacers for the upper control arm mount. I just wanted to see how it would ride in stock form, well besides cut coils.. I am very shocked on how well it drives, in a good way.
    As for the rims and tires... I love W/W's. As for the rims. I am thinking stock painted red with shock hub caps or no caps with chrome lug nuts or chrome reverse baby moon rims. I have a pair of 14x6 chrome reverse, still looking of a two more. Anybody got a pair they want to part with? Tire.. radial or bias.. I am thinking radial they just drive so much better. I have bias on my 46 chevy and you have to drive that thing... The visor is a bolt on part, I like it on and I like it off. On the fence if you know what I'm getting at..
    I got the seat from a 300M and I really like how they fit, Like they where meant for the car. We will see were I go with the inside design.
    As for paint. I'm sticing with the green epoxy primer for now. I am thinking some day Black with old school flames. Or just black. Or super dark Charcoal. But that is a long way off. I want to get it out and on the road drive the crap out of him and not have to worry about him getting messed up just yet. Oh crap its raining, How cares lets go!! Oh crap I got to pull the motor. Ok let's do it!! Oh how about this one. Please don't touch the paint I just spent two days detailing it to just come to this show to worry about someone putting finger prints on the paint job. Been there, done that. Just not my bag anymore. I have small kids and I LIKE PEOPLE TOUCHING MY CAR. I have a show queen in the 30' trailer out back. Haven't had it out in 5 plus years, where's the fun in that?

14. Shaker West

Shaker West

Frank is looking awesome!!!! I wish I was out there to see him again. LOL!! I was hoping I would be in the area for a ride but I am heading yet further west. LOL!!

15. HOT13ROD

HOT13ROD
    from florida