Register now to get rid of these ads!

Real barn find! About time!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olskool34, Aug 12, 2009.

1. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

Hey Clyde where is Bonnie??? Nice!!!

2. legion

legion

that looks good as is, nice coupe

3. olskool34

olskool34

This is how the car sits now. I just want it a little lower.

[​IMG]

4. HANKSPITBALL

HANKSPITBALL

You would have to go a long way in this day and age to find one that good. Congratulations on a very sweet ride.

5. 4 banger 4 life

4 banger 4 life
    from ohio

That's a sweet find there. Cool car.. k.I.s.s. the way it was... hopped up banger..

6. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:eek:Damn.Some folks just HAVE to rub everyone`s noses in it:D.Outstanding find.My Father had a 29,but it was a rumble seat roadster.Dark green body with black fenders.Sweet ride.Got to drive it once before he sold it.Mom and Dad in the rumble seat and me and my sis in the front.Had a grin on my face that Ajax and steel wool would`nt remove.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

7. charliechaindrive

charliechaindrive
    from staples mn

That is perfection. Barn found perfection. You are lucky to own that beauty!

8. olskool34

olskool34

Got my 34 ford axle today (thanks Charlie) so that, combined with the 34 spindles/perch pins should drop the front atleast another inch. Still have to go to my buddy's place to get the perch pins. The T rear spring should drop the back a good 3 inches I would say. Going to take everything to the blasters to clean it all up. Really stoked to see what this will do.

[​IMG]

9. TULSA

TULSA
    from Tulsa

Cool car! I wish I could find one just like it! Ive got a body and 32 rails, but nothin beats an A full fendered.

10. Awesome car. Great find.

11. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Man....I love this little coupe. I had a similar '29 a few years ago and could kick myself for selling it. Now I want another one!!!

12. What a bitchin lil coupe!

13. olskool34

olskool34

Thanks guys, it has been a fun ride. Got my last parts that I needed. Thanks to my bud Aaron, these were in his batch of "don't need them" parts.

[​IMG]

14. Elrod

Elrod

Bam! should all come together easily now!

I'm trying to remember if the mechanical brake king pin cups were at a slightly different angle than the Model A. I'm not sure.

15. GirchyGirchy

GirchyGirchy
    from Central IN

That thing looks so cool.

16. olskool34

olskool34

I was told by a few people here to run Model a kingpins because of the angle of the '32 and later cups. I am going to get another wishbone because I do not feel like fighting with the spring perches also I would be able to assemble everything and just do a quick swap.

17. rprice76

rprice76
    from Palominas

Now THIS is the description my dad used to give of how they would hop up cars in the EARLY 50's! Just a few mods (face it - most kids didn't make money) that were easily done with a few bucks. Maybe put in a dual carb setup (made from spare parts and scrap - welded up in the HS shop class) and a straight pipe and call it done. The only serious Mod my dad did before 1953 to a car he drove on the street was to take the fenders and headlights off then lower it.

18. henry roberts

henry roberts
    from australia

wow, what an amazing car. i love how it has progressed.