Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects What's the worst condition Henry J that you've saved.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scotts52, Mar 5, 2014.

1. scotts52

scotts52

Just looking for a little inspiration. I'm going to look at a wrecked/rolled abandoned Henry J tomorrow. I want to see what the worst is that you've started with. And if you don't mind sharing, how much you paid for it.

2. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=466490
    KoolKemp's build is not a Henry j but it is inspirational, sounds like the car you are considering challenge and you might just as well save it (or at least that is what me and a fairly large minority here might think). if you don't have all the skills now, it is a perfect project to learn on.
    post some pictures, can we assume the "price is right"?

3. scotts52

scotts52

Here's a picture of what I'm supposed to go look at.

Attached Files:

4. SuRfAcE_RuSt

SuRfAcE_RuSt

You probably take the cake.

5. scotts52

scotts52

I'm afraid of taking the whole damn bakery. lol

6. alumslot

alumslot

Woooaa that is in BAD shape for sure. The one I'm working on I paid 2250.00 for it and drove it 50 miles to home. It need floors and rockers on both sides. My buddy and I just scraped one out and he has a good roof but we'er a LONG way from you.

Jim

Attached Files:

7. 32duece51merc

32duece51merc

If you have time, patience, money, and skills you can do it. I say go for it. Mine is not a Henry J, but this is what we started with. All done ourselves... hope this is some motivation for you. Keep us posted.
    [​IMG]

8. scotts52

scotts52

I'm a sucker for saving any old cars. No matter the condition. I'm still waiting for the ground to dry up so I can save what's left of a 34 Ford. The cowl and dash are still in it. Rusty floors and bits and pieces of the body and a heavily pitted frame. Can't stand to leave it there. Price: Free. The Henry J however, he is wanting money for. Probably at least scrap.

9. The Muro Bros. from The Hot Rod Ranch, have a very solid 53 Allstate at there shop in Lompoc, Ca. They are only asking $3500 for it and if I had any room left, I'd take it in a heart beat! PM me if you want some info/pics.

10. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Wheres this bad car? That cars in pretty good shape...

And WOW thats rough... I personally would not try to restore her... Shes just to far gone... But I do bet theres still some Great parts hiding in there... I would pay $200 for it... thats about scrap around here minus loading on a trailer...

11. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

if you look forward you will see KoolKemp's old 4 door is now a coupe.
    you are correct the car is really tough and may be better suited to a parts car.

12. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

Looks like a big job! They are around and can be had for a decent price. Your probably better off spending a couple months looking for one in better shape and in your price range. Or just grab that one for $3500!

13. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

I tried to buy parts from one not much better than that from a yard that had just gotten it in. They weren't ready to part it out yet but said they would sell it whole for $1500.00.That's just nuts, IMO.

Blue

14. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here is my Henry in the wild.

[​IMG]

All done. The kid in that pic is now 6' 1".

[​IMG]

I gave 200 dollars for that car in 2003 right before the big gasser trend. Still, decent Henry J's aren't terribly expensive. You can find a good builder for a couple of grand. I have drug home some nasty shit in my time, but the one in your pic is pretty rough. If it was a 32 five window, grab it, but a better Henry should be easy to find.

Good luck, -Abone.

15. scotts52

scotts52

I went and looked at it today. Wow! The car in the picture is way better than what I saw. The one today is best suited to donate the bottom 6 inches of one that's rusted out. Otherwise it's junk. Literally.

16. CGkidd

CGkidd

I might have a line on a ex gasser HenryJ. When I get home I will take a look and see if it is doable. My buddy has it.

17. CGkidd

CGkidd

I will be home around the 21st of this month.

18. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

19. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Some of em just arent savable.
    I bought a 50 shoebox when I was a kid that looked like it had been a "Kill the car" at a State fair. Oddly the trunk was nice. that was all I needed. The A pillars had beex cut with an axe, .10 a swing, and as I drove it home the top blew back and it kinda became a convertable. But, I thought I WAS COOL.

20. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As much as I would hate to...I think I would force myself to walk away.