Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My Deuce Coupe Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jimmy Tee, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

I had the colour picked out at the start too Steve, but four years of looking at other cars since, has muddied the initial vision. Ive now gone back to that....... What is it?.....You will have to wait and see, not long to go now.

2. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

More fine work from Lowsquire at Rancho Deluxe.

The Exhaust is nearing completion. It's a 2 inch stainless system, which will be blasted and painted black as the final finish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The setup received some careful scrutineering at a recent function held at Rancho Deluxe..... I wouldn't have minded being a fly on the Headers to hear what was being said.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  3. wow! That is very impressive! There just isn't much room in there to run the exhaust pipes.

4. flatoz

flatoz

4 years Jim, there not a mustang are they. Good to see it all coming together though, I did have a good goosie gander at Rancho the other day and I think when its all done you will be a happy camper. theres something about hot rods that is more visceral than later cars.

5. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Those taillights are kool. The Art deco look is very nice. The build details are amazing Thanks for sharing. I like the head bolt / nut setup . Harley guys do the same thing on Shovelhead exhaust bolt setup.

6. k32t

k32t
    from Hog town

Great build man. I didn't think there would be so much interest in a glass build. I'm going through some of the same steps myself at this time. If you don't mind I will post a couple of pics you might get a kick out of.

7. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

Sure has been a long journey Corey, but I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. It should be a special build when complete, but I intend to drive the pants off it. No Show Pony here.

Sure, go ahead. I'm interested to see what you got.

8. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Good progress, looks good, surprised they used a slip joint on the muffler when they have flanges everywhere else :confused:

9. jamesrdavidson

jamesrdavidson

That is a great build

10. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

11. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

The work at Rancho is nearing completion. Here are some pics of the latest work finished.

The fan shroud made and fitted.

[​IMG]

The front Cycle Guards are made and fitted. Unfortunately these things are mandatory for us Victorians.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

13. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

Nice, I'm sure those fenders will fall off at some stage.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

Yeah Thommo, those Bolts Ben used don't look too secure. ;)

15. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Looking neat Oz, we have the same problems here with cycle fenders falling off ;):D
    Just noticed you got a new name :confused:

16. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Any progress Oz ???

17. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

Hey Steve..... Yes, things have been moving along. She is now fully plumbed (Exhaust, Fuel, Water and Brake lines are all done). I fired up the engine on the Chassis to test for leaks... All went well.
    The body was then refitted onto the Chassis and final mockup was completed. Internally, all the garnish moulds and Bulkhead were fitted and stencils of the side and rear windows made.
    I have now started the disassembly for paint. Quite a few bits are already at the Platers or Powdercoaters. I have the body booked in for Paint on the 18th Oct. That should be a 2-3 month process. I need to have it back for final assembly by January as she is booked for trimming in March.
    Still a way to go till complete. It's been 5.5 years since I drew up plans and started collecting bits.

18. Henry Ford loved a certain color.........definitely not a plate of white, ay ? Cool build man. Happy for you....it's getting close.

19. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for the update Oz, sounds like its really moving on now at last, Look forward to seeing some pics.

20. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

Love it jimmy, have a go at the paint yourself, doing mine, fun and rewarding.

21. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

I tried it Thommo. I had the body gapped beautifully and had it all sanded ready for Primer. Had a mate who was an ex painter look it over, wiped it with some Prepsol and showed me how rippled it was so told me don't think of going Gloss. I want a Gloss job, so am resigned to handing it over to a professional.

22. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

I'm about to go through my fourth summer without this ride on the road, so time to get busy.

I had Lowsquire from Rancho Deluxe pay me a home visit to finish off the rear Cycle guards. I needed that done before she went off for paint. He had some custom made cycle guards made to suit the Tire diameter, complete with the centre bead to match the front guards. Very nice items.

10644564_10204928472670012_6568320909511112736_n.jpg

10672377_10204938811048465_6547787178005955425_n.jpg

They are only just placed on the tires in the pic below, so I could take a pic, so don't be too critical about the alignment.
    IMG_1080.jpg

So once the guards and a few other small items were completed, off it went to paint.

IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1112.jpg

I got busy dismantling the Frame, so it too can go off to paint. Boxes of parts are separated for Plating, Powder Coating and Painting. Hopefully the next update will reveal the color.

IMG_1140.jpg

IMG_1143.jpg

thommoina33 likes this.
  23. A very exciting stage of the build.. I'm looking forward to the next instalment!

24. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

Looking good jimmy, get busy now and start painting the frame and all the bits and pieces, all the time consuming stuff.
    Keep at the painter, don't let them push the car into the corner and gather dust like most panel shops, there's cruising to be done.

Jimmy Tee likes this.
  25. Looks great, can't wait to see it in paint. Very jealous, I'm few years behind where you're at.

26. rodl

rodl

Hey Jimmy T, I don't want to be PIA, but scroll back and look at the pic where you're using the grinder. Then have a look at all the flammable and explosive stuff all around. I can't see a bucket of water or an extinguisher either.
    I'm sure you'd hate to have a fire that quickly got out of hand and burnt the lot to the ground. You can bet your left one that the insurance assessor would be able to work how it happened and walk away without paying you. I know if that happened to me there'd be a lot of crowcalls & other epitaphs uttered loudly. Not to mention the pain of losing one cool looking deuce :eek::confused:o_O

27. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

We live a little dangerous down south rodl...... But seriously, those items were moved out of the way after the pic and I have plenty of Fire extinguishers around.... even two Period Correct Brass ones, you can see hanging on the wall in the last pic. ;)

28. rodl

rodl

OK good onya m8 :)

29. loudbang

loudbang

Whew for a minute there I thought one of the "MARIO BROTHERS" had invaded your garage and were fixing the car for you. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

30. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

Starting to get some paint on the Chassis.... This is the Primer/Filler.
    Now for a skim of filler on the pitted Right side Rail and some sanding, then off to the Booth for some final colour.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1416308666.254248.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1416308682.853108.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1416308708.766927.jpg

AHotRod and thommoina33 like this.