Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Black Pearl Deco Coupe @ GNRS ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pimpin paint, Jan 27, 2013.

1. GirchyGirchy

GirchyGirchy
    from Central IN

I wonder if polished brass would have worked better - kind of tie in between the brass and streamline eras.

Ha!

2. krome

krome

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

it would need a T-Top if you did that.:D

I agree, needs some chrome.

4. skooch

skooch

Someone needs to photoshop the brass to chrome, show the owner it's potential.

5. 1 KooL "MoFo"

1 KooL "MoFo"

I.M.O. It looked real clean in bare metal ! I love and own black car's but not feeling the gold or cream looking color on trim and wheels look's cheap and takes away from the car . I also would of used 40's Buick or caddy style headlights
    and made the roof lines flow nicer front window looks to big and would of looked better with a split window. It also lacking chrome and i would not of put side mirrors ...
    To bad this really had the potential to be a amazing car ...

6. my guess is the guy paying the bill for it wanted it that way.

7. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Yepppppppppp!
    Maybe, just maybe he's not finished with the project? Last year it was pictured in bare metal, maybe next year he'll have thr trim plated & finished?:D

The " John Player Special '' colour moteif looked good on Formula One cars

8. oldthudman

oldthudman

The blue convertible pictured above is a Duesenberg with a Graber body......Graber is a Swiss Company....

Very nice car!!!!

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm with you on that one. Black hides much of the details of the car when it's shown indoors. Where it knocked most guys socks off in bare metal where you could see the detail of the body work the black all blends together and you can't pick details out easily.

The brass trim doesn't spin my wheels either but it isn't carved in stone that the car has to stay that way and the owner or next owner could make some subtle changes that would do it justice.

Then again when we see it out in the bright sunlight or see photos of it out in the sunlight or flattering light we may change our minds a bit.

10. chrisp

chrisp

Ruby Deluxe had plenty of French flair, even all kind of French body fluid :D.
    The Deco Coupe is amazing except for the brass work, on pictures it looks like plastic or spray can paint. I would have seen more streamlined headlight, a tad bigger in diameter and with a more bulbous glass. Then again a custom car has to please the customer.
    Any view of the cockpit?