Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mendy Fry Joins Lee Jennings Motorsports

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dawn, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Dawn

Dawn

Fans of Mendy will dig this!

Mendy Fry, driver of Frank Hedge’s nostalgia Top Fuel dragster, is excited to announce that she will be driving a second nostalgia Top Fueler owned by recently retired driver, Lee Jennings. Following the completion of the Goodguys Fuel & Gas Finals, Jennings and Fry discussed the possibility of her joining Jennings’ team. Said Fry, “My loyalty has been with Frank Hedge. He gave me my first shot at driving a nostalgia fueler, and I didn’t want to walk away from him. With Frank’s blessing, I’ll be able to drive for Lee without any conflict of interest. Frank’s plans are to focus more on the match race scene throughout the Midwest in 2006, which will allow me to continue to participate in the Goodguys West Coast VRA Series."

Fry will take over the reigns of Jennings and Scheele Chevy-powered entry beginning with Goodguys 47th March Meet. “Over the last two years, I have watched Mendy develop into a very good driver,” Jennings said. “I campaigned a nostalgia top fuel dragster for seven years, and earned wins in each year of competition. With our proven Chevy combination and Mendy’s excellent driving skills, it is our intention to put Mendy into the winner’s circle throughout 2006.”

Because Jennings sold his “California Trucker” entry just two days after his retirement, he will convert the Jennings & Scheele A/Fuel entry (pictured) driven by his son, Lee Paul, back to Top Fuel form and have Mendy fitted within the next few weeks. Lee Paul will be moving up to the Nostalgia Funny Car ranks with a Chrysler-powered, ‘Cuda-bodied entry. Both cars are slated for shakedown runs by late January. “If I have to rent a track just for these two cars, I will. We aren’t fooling around, and will be ready to hit the ground running at the March Meet.”

Fielding a two-car team is not new to Jennings, however, being out of the seat will be. “Oh, I will have a presence with both cars, “ said Jennings. “You’ll see me out on the starting line with each car being a pain-in-the-butt. I may not be driving, but I will oversee both teams. Karl Scheele will serve as co-crew chief on Mendy’s car, while Ray Zeller will co-crew chief on Lee Paul’s. Karl’s strength is in tuning the Chevy combination, and I trust in Ray’s expertise with the Chrylser power plant. Mike Patterson and Todd Shappie will be welcome additions to our ever-expanding crew needs. I’m really looking forward to next season and all the possibilities that lie ahead for both teams.”

Fry, who is the only female to have exceeded 250 MPH in a nostalgia Top Fuel dragster, is excited about driving two different cars in 2006. “To have the opportunity to compete in a championship series, as well as match race throughout the Midwest is a dream come true. It’s the best of both world’s”, concluded Fry. For additional information, please visit www.mendyfry.com

Attached Files:

2. 440hudson

440hudson
    Alliance Vendor

Thanks for the update on Mendy, about 20 years ago I would go see her run at Sears Point in California. I tried my best to run into her as I had the hots for her like you wouldn't believe. You really brought back some great memories, I think at the time she was running a little red A Roadster that flat hauled ass. I sometimes wondered what became of her, thanks alot for the update, now I'm off to check out her website, my guess is she is still gorgeous as ever. Later, Bob

3. tunglegubbin

tunglegubbin

I thought the name sounded familiar.

Hot Rod Magazine around 1985?

4. 440hudson

440hudson
    Alliance Vendor

Dawn,
    I just took a look at your website, great pics. When I have a little time I'll be going back in to check it out more closely. We are small time nostalgia drag racers up at Woodburn Raceway here in Oregon. I run a 47 Hudson truck with a 440 and also a 26 Hudson 2dr in the works for next year. Thanks again, Bob

5. Fry

Fry
    from SK, Canada

wonder if I'm related?

6. Yes, it was a 27 T roadster and I had a crush on her at 16 as well:D:eek:

7. old beet

old beet

I met her when she was 16, Was that really that long ago??????....OLDBEET