Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects picked upa 31 vicky. repair parts? Suggestions?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by smitty29, Mar 4, 2014.

1. smitty29

smitty29
    from Illinois

Hello, I just picked up a 31 Vicky and was wondering if anyone has tried to use subrails from other types of Model A cars. 80% of the floor structure is wood in this car and id like to make it all steel. After completing my 29 sedan I was looking at the subrails and was thinking I might try some from a different Model A.

I can't find much available for the Vicky on Macs or Snyder's Thinking I am going to have to hand craft a lot for it. My plan is to a higboy on 32 rails and do a couple inch chop.

Really the car is in good shape but with the common Model A rot in the bottom of the car. Otherwise the body is darn straight.
    Any suggestions and input are welcome and appreciated!

Here is a pic of the car

Thank you

Attached Files:

2. All the lower patches are available or easily modifiable except the rear I think.
    You'll have to mess with them no matter what anyways.

My car had A steel sub rails in it. I redid them but you should be able to do them too.

3. smitty29

smitty29
    from Illinois

Thanks for the input guys.

D-Russ that is one clean set up. What wall thickness is that tubing and if you don't mind, how wide is your rear axle. Thanks again!

4. smitty29

smitty29
    from Illinois

Thank you , the rear axle that is in the picture of your sub frame you posted above.