Register now to get rid of these ads!

Volvo Gasser

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Yo Baby, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Isn't brooding swede a cool name for a HAMBer?

I like the baby '46s. It never occured to me to build a gasser style car from one but it is a cool little car. I did throw a 283 in a '59 once pretty close to stock (as if anything I have ever played with wasn't tweeked) and it was a hand full for damned sure. I can imagine with the easy power on tap thses days you could build on completely uncontrollable.

Quick question for the masses, wouldn't the wheelbase put it into altered class instead of gas class? Just a question nothing else.

2. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I'm glad this thread got revived! Missed it the first go 'round! I think the old Volvo makes a great basis for a gasser with the body style, and small size!

3. pnevells

pnevells

when i was in high school we had a sbc powered volvo in our area it was nicknamed "Dr. Chevolvo"

4. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

Yo baby's volvo lives at my house, "about 50 miles east of him" he had done the leg work on getting it street legal. Just last week i got it registered in my name, i'm gonna throw a bullet in it and do some mild bracket racing and terrorize the local southern oklahoma "officials" with it. My son has adopted it, he cant race it yet, but i think it's better than a junior dragster anyday! Atleast i can fit in it...lol! I'll post some pics when we start jammin on it.

5. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

[​IMG][/IMG] YO CALLED IT THE "STUNT MONKEY" MY KID WANTS TO CALL IT SOMETHING ELSE, I KINDA LIKE THE MEATBALL OR HUNCHBACK NAMES IN EARLIER POST..2006...LOL

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  6. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

HERE IS MY SON, WE WERE FIXING THE JANKY HINGE LOCK MECHANISM. [​IMG][/IMG]

7. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014