Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage From sunny So. Fla to the Detroit Autorama

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by THEKID49, Mar 4, 2014.

1. THEKID49

THEKID49

A few months ago my wife and I made the decision to go to the Autorama. Then one evening in the garage with a few too many frosty beverages, I made the decision to drive the wagon up.

Since I live in Florida, there's not much call for a heater. That was one of the main things to add for the journey.

I'll keep this updated from the road, and from the show. I'm getting ready to roll in a few minutes.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1393927578.601141.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Heaven's. That quite a trip this time of year. Happy Trails, Gary

3. ..........So true. That's a bitchin' wagon. Good luck and be safe. Hope you know what to expect as you get farther North.

4. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

That Florida sunshine must have fried your brain. :)

5. captmullette

captmullette

good luck, go for son......

6. That's a really cool Wagon, I actually saw one fairly similar come through town on the weekend (blue with silver scallops), really liked that one too. Good luck with the trip mate

sent via classroom note. pass it on

7. T-DeWitt

T-DeWitt

Ya I'm on my way to work and it is 12 degrees. I hope you are ready for it and don't mind salt on your car! can't wait to see the car in Detroit.

8. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

It's probably too late, but I sure hope you have winter weight / formulas for anti-freeze, windshield washer fluid, engine and tranny oils / lubes, gear oil, bearings, door locks lubricated, etc. etc. When my family came back from Hawaii in the winter of 61, our entire Desoto froze up solid in Nebraska. It wouldn't start. Hell, it wouldn't even roll. Gary

9. XWYNNSGUY

XWYNNSGUY

I'm on the HAMB now, just got off of the Volusia County, FL real estate sites. It is 5 degree's in Rehoboth this morning and I need oil again. This winter sucks, and if I was in the Volusia area I can hit the Turkey rod run and Billetless every year !!
    You have a safe trip !!

10. THEKID49

THEKID49

Made it into Kentucky. Not bad for day 1. A few more chips in the paint, oh well.

Does anybody know of a wash it yourself car wash near Cobo Hall? I'm gonna have to wash the road off this thing before putting it inside.

11. Kid....you rule! There are hoses you can use in the basement, hopefully ya got some towels and soap. I'm local and not putting a car in this year....but if ya need some last minute stuff PM me. I will be watching everyone move in on Thursday and helping to unload trophies.

12. THEKID49

THEKID49

Thanks man. I've got a bucket, soap, wash mit. I just need water.

13. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Good luck with the rest of the trip. They get built to be driven.Good for you.

14. THEKID49

THEKID49

Here's the view coming thru the mountains of Tenn. It was a little chilly. The ice and snow got a little worse, but I figured I better put the phone down and drive.

View attachment 2150825

15. THEKID49

THEKID49

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1393982646.492196.jpg

16. 59 brook

59 brook

:cool: love that wagon . have a safe trip. froze my butt off when i went up to ga in oct and it was only 40's couldn't handle teens with no heat . good luck and have fun

17. That's the hilly part of Tn coming back onto 75 between tn and ky. Be safe

18. hotrawd

hotrawd
    from lima,ohio

Be sure to slow down when you get to Ohio. Our state troopers like to make new out-of- state friends.

19. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Far out! Keep on Truckin! Gary

20. D-man313

D-man313

Have fun! thats quite a road trip. Calling for snow tonight into tomorrow moving through northern indiana.

21. 80WTI

80WTI

First of all that's a cool wagon Kid49, and what your doing is what i call livin mate, You will talk about that trip for years and everytime it will put a smile your face. Trailers are for Queens, Stay safe and keep Living the dream.

22. Great thread. Stay safe and kudos to you "loveoftiki" for offering up the help with the "car wash". I love the spirit of "community" here on the HAMB.

23. Silverado85

Silverado85

Hey Mike, enjoy. One of my favorite shows. Have fun. Check out Greek town too.

24. LAROKE

LAROKE

You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!

25. THEKID49

THEKID49

Made it. Just checked into the hotel.

26. THEKID49

THEKID49

Car is parked, now just cleaning the road off of it. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1394057914.268349.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1394057929.455374.jpg

27. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Welcome to the D

Singlefingerspeedshop.com. Detroit

28. Glad you arrived safely. Now, have a blast at the show.

29. hoodprop

hoodprop

Yes welcome to Michigan car looks sweet. I will have to check it out Sunday.

30. Not to be a D***.....but looks like a couple turds snuck in. I hope the basement doesn't turn into " I gotta turd not fit to be upstairs....so I'll put my turd in the basement" if that happens it may be time to put some better guidelines as to what gets in down there

Come on just in that 1 picture I see fake bullet hole stickers ,center lines, and please tell me those aren't truck step bars on that 2 tone car...say it ain't so! This poor guy drove up from Florida for god sake!