Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Bonneville end table book!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by islandjeep, Nov 14, 2008.

1. End table book printed about 5 - 7 yrs. ago had a girl in a set of fire suit bottoms and a tank top standing on the flats. Any idea of the name of this book or where that picture could be found? I've been searching with no luck so any help would be appreciated!

2. solid

solid

hot rod, by david perry, i think. go to the web sight, david perry gallerys, or pinups. i know its something like that.

3. Thanks solid .....I owe ya a ....solid! No really thanks alot I appreciate it.

4. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

wasnt that image also used in an advertisement? I remember seeing something like that in my Car Craft/Hot Rod...

*in looking for it... I found this:

[​IMG]

silent rick likes this.

5. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Hot-Rod by David Perry #72

6. solid

solid

this one???

Attached Files:

7. Good photographer but not the pics I was looking for. She was a true runner they took a pic after her pass while she was drinking a bottle of water. Thanks anyway Solid!

8. THATS HER! I asked who she was in another thread. Speedvision used that in a magazine ad, we had an entire thread about her years ago ;)

9. That is the EXACT picture I was looking for! Solid i went from no Santa to believing again in 30 seconds. Thanks again!

10. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

That gal must be cold...Lucky

Stogy likes this.
  11. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Mmm, I was thinking she was hot!

Stogy likes this.
  12. Unlike the 2nd ex-wife , I could actually here her saying, " Get back in the garage and finish my car now"! Yep! She's hot.

13. T-man, did the other discussion ever find her name or the story behind the pic?

14. i think so..............it was in 01 or so?

15. I guess I'll just be happy with the screen saver I just made and leave the rest to daydreaming! Thanks again Solid, Lucky, T-man and 327.

Stogy likes this.
  16. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I'm trying to think of the car owners name. He was here at the house some time ago . It has a Wayne Chevy in it. They bought a Howard head GMC from me at the Nostalge Nationals at Freemont and came over here to get it. George Cambell bought the GMC and ran it in the Salt Circus Roadster. They were from Montana. Damn it's bad getting old, you can't remember anything. I have a nice picture of the car.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  17. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Hank LaShay I'm not sure of the spelling. The picture must be at least 15 years old. hank passed away some time ago. I'm guessing the girl is his daughter or granddaughter or something. I hear the car may come back to the salt soon but without the Wayne Chevy. Too bad. Neat motor.

18. solid

solid

no problem. i love that photo too. wild ass is right, david perry is a great photographer.

Stogy likes this.
  19. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Jerry Weight has that motor now

I've got a video - from the late Don Tuttle (ex Santa Anna Drags announcer) of it at the world of speed 1994. Man Oh Man that mill was to die for .

Btw it was Hank Lawshe - cover story 12 PN - Nov/Dec 1990

hawke1 likes this.
  20. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Ok, this may be a left hand turn for this thread, but it caught my attention when you said it was a Montana car and the owner was a Hank Lawshe.
    I know of a Hank Lawshe who was an artist here in Montana. He died some years back.(93?) Could it possibly be the same guy?
    I ask cause I have an interest in both art and landspeed racing. It would be an interesting fact of note. Any old salt guys here that know?

Attached Files:

• 25.jpg
      25.jpg
      File size:
      31 KB
      Views:
    jimmy six and hawke1 like this.
  21. solid

solid

i think it was a speed channel ad in hot rod, and carcraft.

22. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I don't know but the dates sound right. He was young to be passing on I thought.

23. mdcolby

mdcolby

Just came across this thread. I know its an old one but thought I let everyone know that it is the same Hank Lawshe that raced the car and was the artist. From Kalispell MT.

hawke1 likes this.
  24. Thank You!

25. aircap

aircap

Rich, I'm pretty sure the girl was Tanis Hammond - Seth's daughter?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  26. Dan Warner

Dan Warner
    from so cal

Tanis is Seth's wife. Tegan is the daughter, she would have been too young for that photo.

DW

27. dozer dave

dozer dave

That is my sister Jodi, Hank's youngest daughter. I am David his oldest son. Did you say there is picture of her in book?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

hawke1 likes this.
  28. TV

TV

Rich, you are right, the car is running again. its got a small block in it now. Tony and Chick Huntimer have it now. They are running it in the new American Iron class. They did a shakedown run in Nov. at 126mph..

TV-

29. dozer dave

dozer dave

That car held the record in 92 at 162 but I do not remeber the class. We had the sraight six in it at that time.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

30. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Came across this thread and needed to help it a little. The car she is standing next to is not the Salt Cirucs roadster, but Hank Lawshe did help with our roadster, and it still has Hank lettering and two small little drawings on the hood sides.
    And for the brother, the photo is in the book Hot Rod by David Perry. I don't know if it is still in print but should be in the library of every person that owns, drives an old car. The book came out way before greaser, traditional hot rods and black primer became the life style we know now. The book is illustrated by the one and only Von,,, Von Franco. David's photo style is one that I strove not to copy but to be inspired to be as great,.