Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday Model Cars 3/2/2014

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Old Coyote, Mar 2, 2014.

1. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

I, too, would like more info on the re-chroming process of those bumbers.

That is one beautiful piece!

2. Here you go....
    http://alclad2.com/

3. steveb

steveb

Thanks! The bumpers & grille were sent to Chrome Tech USA for plating. Sometimes, it's hit or miss with companies that do plating. I prefer the look of real plating, but at least with Alclad I only have myself to blame if something comes out bad.

http://www.chrometechusa.com/model-cars-and-collectibles.html

4. 'Mo

'Mo

Good stuff, guys. The general quality of builds is far beyond what I could ever imagine when building as a kid. (Or as an adult!)

Old Coyote, I was around in the early funny car era, and your stuff looks spot on! (I'm sure you're aware of your Falcon's similarity to the one raced by Hubert Platt.)

kitbash, I'm glad I got to see your work in person. Such beautiful design and craftsmanship...and so many amazing details! I brought this one over, in the even some may have missed that laminated gear shift knob. Bob Hirohata stuff, in Micro! Then there are the half raised windows on the Ford, the wire looms on the Olds, and....

P.S. The RAMS group is a great bunch of guys. Thanks again for the wonderful display you arranged on my behalf.

[​IMG]

steveb, One word. Perfection. Right down to the detailed vent windows.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
    Kit Bash likes this.
  5. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Been a while since I posted on the Sunday model thead. Thought you guys might like these. First is a 1945 Monagram wooden kit with box.
    Second is a 1948 Hudson promotional/ salesman sample. There were 20000 made in three colors. About 13" long. Widely believed to be the very first dealer promo.
    The others are built models from the early 60's. Found in an estate sale.

Sent from my SM-G920T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK