Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects how should I register my 30 ford hot rod in PA, I have a good title

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigvinny, Mar 2, 2014.

1. bigvinny

bigvinny

just finished my model a hot rod and need advice on what plate I should get for it. I can get a regular plate for it and not get it inspected or hope for the best. or could I get a street rod plate for it with out reconstructing a title. or could I get a antique plate for it, (It doesnt look any thing like stock -fenderles and v8. how are u Pa hot rodders plating your cars?

2. Don't put a antique plate on it, be asking for trouble from some informed law officers, get a street rod plate, then you don't NEED fenders, hood, bumpers!

3. bigvinny

bigvinny

can I get a street rod plate with my 1930 model a title or will I have to get a reconstructed title ?

4. prpmmp

prpmmp

X2!! Look for a Hot Rod shop that does Enhanced Inspections,(Blast From The Past Rod Shop in Pottstown) they did my glass 32 and had my tags in 10 days!! Plus they know Hot Rods so a good inspection is a must for safety!! Pete

5. oldolds

oldolds

Do it right. Street Rod plates, Enhanced inspection. The hardest thing you need for it are dual master cyl, and wipers. The rest of it is mostly standard PA inspection items. It gives you a "street rod" marking on your title.

6. bigvinny

bigvinny

would I still be using my 1930 model a title or will have to get a reconstructed title?

7. roadster1923

roadster1923
    from Girard PA

I operate an enhanced station in northwestern PA. When your vehicle passes inspection you will recieve an SR Title. PM me with any questions.
    Steve

8. 5window

5window

See roadster 1923-the state will vacate your regular title, issue a street rod title and probably send you a new VIN plate to match the new title. This is NOT a reconstructed title. Make sure you have ALL you receipts-Gov. Corbett wants to make sure you paid taxes!. Send anything you need to get to Harrisburg through your State Representative. DO NOT send things directly to the DMV. Sending stuff via you rep will result in faster service with much less hassle. (Learned by may the hard way.) Good luck.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  9. bigvinny

bigvinny

10. xlr8er

xlr8er

SR plates are the way to go. You will have to surrender your title but the SR tags will allow you to run fenderless, bumperless and hoodless. I'm one of those 'informed guys'. I put SR tags on mine. It's just the right thing to do. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I could also refer you to a great shop in SE Pa. if you're from that part of the state. Good Luck!!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014