Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 8ba valves

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by salazarich, Mar 1, 2014.

1. salazarich

salazarich

does anyone know the pro and cons of aftermarket valves vs original valves? thank you. Richard 562-338-4419

2. I've ran chevy 1.6 exhaust valves in place of the original ford intake and exhaust pieces in the last couple engines I've built. The do require mods to the block and the valve tips will need to be ground to match the ford valve length, but they are cheap and the extra airflow doesn't hurt im sure. On the other hand, i've never had an issue with the stock valves in an stock engine....other than burning a couple running an open header, but that was my fault.

3. tig master

tig master
    from up north

You won't see any difference with a 1.6 on the street.Do up a good ignition system.
    Need to do lots of seat work for 1.6 OK if you can do it yourself.But to pay a shop its not worth it.

T

4. I should have mentioned I put the 1.6 valves in while adding or replacing hardened seats, usually with a little bit of port and bowl blending and running a bigger than stock cam, usually a 400jr.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. salazarich

salazarich

thanks for the info i will chew on this.