Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Gene (Moonlighter) Cromer's A/G Willys Resurrection

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Quain Stott, Aug 31, 2012.

1. AHotRod

AHotRod

Did she/he do any WHITE T-shirts?

It's just too Hot here in the South for Black shirts.

2. Frank Taylor

Frank Taylor
    from Iva, SC

He has the blue shirts now, but the other design is only white on a black shirt.

3. This gasser freak is in for a couple black ones!!!!!

4. my1971buick

my1971buick

Hey guys,

So I sent a message to Gene and he called me the other day and I gave him all my black design info and where I got them printed and stuff. He is getting the shirts printed by a local guy there. I'm not sure if he can get long sleeve or not that would be a question for Gene and possibly an idea during the fall race. I also sell My Moonlighter posters to Gene and he has some but I can ship them out too. Gene signs the posters too which is really cool ;) I'll be at meltdown this year as well with all my posters- Thanks for the interest and so happy y'all like the shirts. I do custom work too wink wink. Anywho message me for more info if needed.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. my1971buick

my1971buick

We couldn't get together on the white shirts. They were going to be expensive to print. Basically the poster design was the white shirt design. If I get a press or something I'll make some but that will be awhile. Thanks

6. 63 1/2 peregrine

63 1/2 peregrine

Just wanna thank Quainn,Gene, & Cassandra for their contributions to bringing back the old school hot rods, customs and gassers. Drag racing is finally back where its supposed to be. OLD SCHOOL

7. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

I would be interested in getting a couple black shirts, one long sleeve and one short sleeve.. XL..

8. Gene Cromer

Gene Cromer
    Member Emeritus

Have not ordered any long sleeved yet, but should have the short sleeve this week.
    Gene,

9. 37willysgasser

37willysgasser

Awesome Gene, can't wait to get mine!
    😬

10. elgringo71

elgringo71

Sounds good, I will take 2 large Tee shirts.

11. OldColt

OldColt

Any of you local guys know what Gene and Melvin might be up too in the shop? I suspect they are already getting the Moonlighter ready to kick some serious gasser butt at Greer next Month. --- Steve ---

12. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Gene and Melvin are going over the Moonlighter with a fine tooth comb getting ready for the 11 races with the South East Gassers. They brought the top wheelie bar rods to the shop to make new ones they had rusted up so bad from setting for 40 years they were hard to adjust. One shock was leaking so I'm trying to fix that. (cheap shocks made in 1967 and already leaking) The first race is in Greer SC April 26 don't miss it.

13. Frank Taylor

Frank Taylor
    from Iva, SC

Well, I saw Gene Monday and he was installing a new gear in the 9 inch with a spool for the first time. He's always run a posi. While there I got a video from another local drag racing legend, Gary Burel. It is pretty good quality considering it is made from 8mm film that's almost 50 years old. I hope to have it posted later tonight or tomorrow.

14. Frank Taylor

Frank Taylor
    from Iva, SC

Here's the new (old) video I got from Gary Burel. The first part shows Gary adjusting the valves on his 55 Chevy and the rest is some racing footage taken at Starlight 25 Dragway, Ware Shoals SC back in the day. <iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uAQq9pAHX5c?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Bitchen old video. To funny, adjusting the valves with the engine running, I haven't seen/done that in a long while.

16. AHotRod

AHotRod

Whose Willys was that in the video?

17. Frank Taylor

Frank Taylor
    from Iva, SC

It belongs to some guy named Gene.

18. Frank Taylor

Frank Taylor
    from Iva, SC

This is Gene and the man that was driving the white Anglia, Lil' Cotton Picker, Butch Pruitt. Butch's shop is about a mile from Gene's.

Attached Files:

19. OldColt

OldColt

Thanks for posting the video Frank. It was really cool at the end where Gene puts the Moonlighter up on the back bumper!

20. Gene Cromer

Gene Cromer
    Member Emeritus

Ric, Gary only has one arm he lost the other in a wreck when he was around 20. He went on to build a welding business and retired a couple of years ago, he won alot of races in different classes and still races today.
    He is an inspiration to every one.

21. Wow Gene, Gary truly is an inspiration!

22. Frank Taylor

Frank Taylor
    from Iva, SC

I was talking with Gary Burel today and he said that he hopes to race 2 more years to make it an even 50 years of drag racing. I got another video from him today, but I won't be posting it. It has a "halter top" contest from Atlanta Dragway back in the 70's. Some of the girls didn't understand that they were supposed to keep the tops on.

23. brian55lvr

brian55lvr
    from ma

id really like to see that in my pm---:D

24. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I'd be too embarrassed to see that... okay I'm lying through my teeth. Strictly for educational and historical purpose though ,ya know? :D

25. Frank Taylor

Frank Taylor
    from Iva, SC

Come on guys, that's some grandmothers y'all are talkin' about.

26. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Or maybe ex wives...maybe both.

27. Steve,I made it by Gene's yesterday and he was putting the finishing touches on a rear shock change,I got there in time to help him take the car off the jack stands. HRP

28. Went by Gene's today and shot the breeze with Gene,Ruth & Melvin.

Gene got some T-Shirts today so if you need one send him a PM. HRP

29. Frank Taylor

Frank Taylor
    from Iva, SC

I thought you guys might like to see this.

Attached Files:

30. Quain Stott

Quain Stott