Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1934 Tudor found on NH craigslist

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 37 Millrat, Jan 27, 2014.

1. cody1958

cody1958
    from wichita ks

Good luck with the build. Great find well worth what you paid for it.

2. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

Nice score, if that was bought for $1100 you got a helluva deal! It is definitely gonna be a great project!

3. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

i have a hood& sidepanels that are super nice, also have inner fenders.
    pm me

4. looks good, where in earth mass are you? haha

sent you info on frame....tudor frame to be exact

5. It feels great, don't it?
    Congrats!

6. my47buicksuper

my47buicksuper
    from sunny fl.

Cool save I'm always looking in the woods in hopes of finding something like that, so far nothing but ill keep looking , good luck with it deff a good start I've seen way worse turn out nice

Flat Dan likes this.
  7. thunderplex

thunderplex

Posted for inspiration... mine doesn't have wires, ...but close enough.

Attached Files:

Fairlane500, kiwijeff and volvobrynk like this.
  8. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

That's a nice sedan. We'll done

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. Jen......

Jen......

you got a great deal for the price , very buildable

Jen

10. Great car, I will print it an post on the tool box. That is exactly what i want to do except wire wheels and no hood sides.

11. 392modela

392modela

Great find keep us updated

12. Who's building the coupe out of fordor on the HAMB right now? Will the fordor back panel work? Maybe, a HAMB exchange coming up?

Cost prohibitive for shipping from western Canada to Mass. (gender reassignment) but I like the way you think.

13. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

Yes 4dr back panel will work.Ford's bodies at that time were made in panels and jig welded.If you look inside you should see the vertical seam that goes all the way up to the roof opening.

14. The hunt continues for 34 stuff. Off to a local builder, cool stuff he was working on. Piles of model A stuff (check the pictures) no bodies, bought this 38 wheel with drop column box and mount for 75.00 seen better days but cool. Got more tips for the hunt and a story about a guy with a barn full of 34 stuff (we'll see).

Attached Files:

15. manyolcars

manyolcars

I would cut the back panel out, pass it thru my english wheel and weld it back in

If you have never done that, you will be amazed how easy it is to straighten. I keep a high crown panel for my visitors. I dent it with a ballpeen and a pass or two thru the english wheel and no one can tell it was dented

slimcat7m3 likes this.
  16. I don't have an english wheel but their is one in my future. The problem is this is new england and the metal gets a little crunchy and thin here. I looked at your profile to see where you are from but it does not say.
    Thanks for the avice, point taken.
    S

17. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

I love the hunt!!

18. Cash Prophet

Cash Prophet

Hi Jen...did you get my Mssg.?

Attached Files:

19. Great find! Best of luck with the project!

20. Great project, great ideas.

However, reality must intrude a bit: make sure you can register it before you get too far in. I live in Illinois, where it is near impossible to register this kind of project. So, for me, here, I need a title before I do work.

Cosmo

21. adam401

adam401

you should see the paperwork free shitboxes I've registered. Gotta have a guy;) Fuck the man

mike bowling likes this.
  22. You should move to Illinois and share your expertise with us, the obviously ill-informed.

Cosmo

23. Point taken,
    The inspectors love to see documentation.
    In NH if they see welds on a frame they want to see that a certified welder made those weld. I keep a notebook with any documentation and reciepts. Last inspector told me ebay receipts were not valid. I had enough other receipts that the project went through. I did not argue with the guy and let him show his inflated authority.
    Document document document, they want to know the parts are not stolen.

24. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Great find.. Sounds like your having fun and that's what it's all about...

25. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I gotta believe the sale of that sedan delivery door wouldn't produce enough $$$$'s to buy a whole back panel for your body. If you had a straight rust free panel and all you had to do was fit and weld it in you'd be time and dollars ahead of the game.

Frank

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  26. 34fordmetal

34fordmetal

Great looking project. Score!

27. jfg455

jfg455
    from NH

Nice snag! I missed it on CL. I usually hunt for stuff like that every couple of weeks. The frame I have is one year too new to work for your rig. Happy hunting and keep us posted.

28. You now own a model 40!!!!!!! There's lots to work with there. Look forward to waching your progress. Tim

29. Yes they do get very crunchy in New England .. If you want a good solid 34 2 door check the one for sale on www.sdhotrod.com

30. I'm amazed someone found that in the woods in NH and it wasn't full of bullet holes.. Very cool. Will be watching this. Talk to the guys at Lanes in Loudon just down the road from NH Motor Speedway. They might know where there are some parts. There's still stuff in the woods up there. I found these 30 years ago. They are still there not more than 100' off the road.

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.