Register now to get rid of these ads!

53 Studebaker Gasser Pictures Wanted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BobG, Jun 29, 2012.

1. EZ Cool

EZ Cool
    Alliance Vendor
    from Slaton TX

2. King Karl

King Karl
    from N.C.

I love gassers but it's almost a shame to take such a streamlined piece of machinery and stick the nose in ther air. :eek:

3. Shinerunner88

Shinerunner88

The Sweet Misery ran a lot at Byron Drag way in the late 70's to the early 80's. It was owned by Clyde Goshin. It had a 392 Hemi with dual Holleys. He also ran a 4 speed with a Mr. Gasket V-gate shifter. I seen it pull the front wheels every time and ran in the mid 10's. The car had a 57 Hawk one piece flip front end. The rear end was a 50's Olds I believe. At the time I think Clyde was in his later 40's. It was also old school metal blue. If I can find the photos I have of it I'll post them.

4. Chuck Carman

Chuck Carman

There was a top chopped white one that ran at Atco around '65, first with no windows and then with blue plexy. It must have had a one piece nose because I remember it hat a small square "hood" cut out in the middle of the actual hood. No front bumper, and I think the grills were filled in. It's hard to remember the details, I was 10 or 11 at the time.