Register now to get rid of these ads!

Take back Central AZ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tri-Powerguy, Jun 7, 2012.

1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

We can try Dairy Queen! I finally won't have my Saturday night consumed this weekend, so I should be out.

2. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Dilly bars it is.

3. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

Story about Central. I was talking with a friend of mine and he reminded me of this time we were cruising. We had been out running around cruising when we got pulled over, it was by a motorcycle cop. When the cop came up to the car and flipped open his book my Buddy said, I will have a hamburger order of fries and a Pepsi. This caused us both to be removed from the car and getting chewed out, I did not help much cause I could not quit snickering. By the time we left he I think had somewhere around 5 tickets. Smart ass kids the cop said, part of growing up I guess.

4. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

Come on guys lets hear some of your stories, there has to be some good ones out there.

5. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

I was sitting on Central on night in my GTO when a guy pulled in, in a yellow vette. He started walking around Arby's parking lot, when he walked up to my car he said a 400 to bad its not a 428 they are the best. I said I have out run 428's, he said my nickname is Joe pontiac and they are the best. He then said see that 67 fastback mustang over there, my vette can out run it ( this guy had lost it ) 427 side oiler for those who knew ( Billy Hall ). I laughed and said you are losing it, to make a story short I begged Billy to run him and he did. Corvette never looked like it took off Billy beat him so bad, after that I never seen him again. If you are out there no hard feelings Joe Pontiac, just a fun night.

6. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

I like the D.Q. stop and park on the street, large chocolate malt with extra malt. That's better than the soda pop at Mickey D's. ( I enjoyed it ) Also good to see everybody again.

7. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

The parking garage hill climb was fun....

8. I am going to Phoenix to visit a couple of friends from 3/15-19 and was wondering where on Central everyone is on a Saturday night. I am not familiar with the area so was hoping you could point me in the right direction as far as cross streets.

Thanks

9. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Was working on my car last weekend but pretty sure their meeting up by the Dairy Queen near Central and Camelback.

10. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Yup, on Central just a few yards north of Camelback. I think 7pm is the meet-up time.

11. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

Hey guys hope you have had a great week, we have some joining in on tacking back central. The thread is CENTRAL AVENUE CRUISING MARCH 8th PHOENIX. AZ ( Cool ). I hope with the help we can put this back in motion, it would be nice to have different spots to park and more cars. Looking forward to this :)

12. azcruiser14

azcruiser14

I'm sorry...I wouldn't have started another thread if I had seen this...how did I miss it? Without going back, did I see that you guys were at Dairy Queen? I had heard Jack in the Box...so that was wrong? My opinion...depending upon turnout that the light just North of McDonalds and the light at Burger King (Virgina) for a smaller crowd to keep people interested...vs the old run which was so long. Obviously if it's a large turn out...the whole thing like in the old days. Did you guys have any luck or just a handful? I mean a lot of people are checking this out...I don't know how many are arizona people though.

13. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

Some weekends were good and some where not so good, what we ended up with is some like to cruise later than others. They would come by and we would be gone, if there is enough people it could go late which would be good. As far as meeting all places are good, a little at Burger King, Jack in the box, Dairy Queen, that way we cruise around and meet each other. As far as the thread I think its good to have more on the Hamb, that way it shows the interest. Lets all band together and make it happen. ( Right On )

14. Subscribing, doubt the weather will be nice enough tonight to meet up.

15. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

Rain or not, I will be at the DQ! Need some ice cream!

16. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

I will be there also but I am bringing the bike, been working on getting spring and summer ready. Been doing a lot of work on the Belvedere trying to have it ready for next week.

17. I'll play it by ear, its close enough I would take the car out just to come park it and BS. There looks to be another good storm moving in right now.

18. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

No wipers and we'll still be out...

19. Haha, I have wipers on mine but its on my list to diagnose why the motor wont make them work!

20. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

One word,,, "rainx"

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  21. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Technically that's a word and a half....

22. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

There!!! Fix'd it for ya!!

23. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

It was more funner the first way. I shoulda quoted you! Me and Jess, Steve and maybe the new guy Ben will be up there in like an hour. In the Comet. Come out and see a finely preserved example of a 64 Merc. You can read that as salted down California beach car....

24. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

I thought it started at 7?? Better get busy!

25. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

The bike is out, looks like the little car but I will still be there.

26. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

Damn them Dilly bars are good, also good to see you guys. Have a good week.

27. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

Had a large Pepsi, a BBQ beef sandwich & a large cone for on the drive home.

Where was everyone?? Nick & his crew show'd up for a bit but that was it!! Bill & I stay'd till around 8 pm.

28. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Too damn wet in the bucket tonight, especially 'cause I drove it all day in the rain running errands.

29. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Next time Chip let me know. Its not like I don't have extra cars over here...

30. My wife and I ended up in the animal hospital until 9pm. I got home from the shop after working all day and my dog had puked, pissed and diarreahed(sp?) all over her cage area and was not looking good. When we finally left it was still down pouring and needed to get dinner.