Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features *OFFICIAL* Ford Unibody 61-63 Pict Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SpnkyMcGee, Nov 29, 2007.

1. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Love this thread a n d truck styles. I admit I never focused much on these bodies in the past.some fine rides in this thread.

2. JakeDW

JakeDW
    from Missouri

Not sure if Hot Rod Dirty builds them or just sells them but on the site it's for sale 32 thousand pistol Anne.

It says air bagged ad trucks start at 32 thousand let us build one for you.

Jake

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  3. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

32 k for that? I need to sell mine!

4. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

I guess I sold mine way under the market too!! $32 beans - really? They also have a '65 f100 on air for $35K - ouch. God bless them if they get this kind of cake ...

5. Here is mine, picture taken in tight quarters. I dont think Ive posted a recent pic?

[​IMG]

Elcohaulic and bonesy like this.
  6. chaddilac

chaddilac

Nice!!!!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. Man, I'd love to see more pics...what flavor of torque thrusts are you running?

Really dig what I'm seeing here.

8. 15x7 fronts 15x8.5 in the rear. They are new torq thrusts styled after the original style with the peak in the spoke. They are called Torq Thrust Originals ... TTO's. The only thing I am unsure about them is the color, they seem a little light. Gonna enjoy it like it is for awhile though.

9. schaefer

schaefer

This is my buddies '61. He shortened a long box, it has a Jag front clip and Explorer 8.8 rear, 5.0 and AOD. He just got a big back window roof for it, should be on the road by spring. He also has a complete set of '63 Unibody side trim from a long box in really nice shape for sale, Pm me for his contact info.
    [​IMG]

helicorbin likes this.
  10. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

schaefer - although some will scoff at your buds ride for NOT being HAMB material - I, being a former uni owner, dig it in a BIG WAY. Nicely done so far. I'd like to see it when its done.

PACO

11. JakeDW

JakeDW
    from Missouri

What he said theses things are a ton of work to get that low and on top of that make it a short bed nice job.

Jake

12. Nellynel07

Nellynel07

Here's my new 62' uni project! I'm pretty excited about the old girl. Only thing is the front cab mounts are completely gone. Any ideas in where or how I can make or buy new ones !!?

Attached Files:

13. JakeDW

JakeDW
    from Missouri

LMC makes them.

Jake

14. mechanic58

mechanic58

Check out the cab mounts on my '62...

[​IMG]

Here's the rest of it

[​IMG]

15. BrownCow1992

BrownCow1992
    from joliet il

My 63 f100 unibody 429 to a c6

Attached Files:

16. BrownCow1992

BrownCow1992
    from joliet il

Attached Files:

17. 4wheelerbill

4wheelerbill
    from oregon

Here's mine , 62 uni . Patently waiting about 5 yrs. now .

Attached Files:

18. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

A big back window Uni no less ... sporty ... NICE!

19. Pat Woods

Pat Woods

F100 Snap-on.jpg F100 on rack.jpg Buddy doing burnout.jpg 63 F100 at car show.jpg
    Here's my 63 at her first car show. Took best classic Ford. My buddy did all the prep work so I let him do the burn out.
    Now she's got the crown vic front end and a new stance.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  20. Nellynel07

Nellynel07

Took a while but she was in his first cruise night tdy and it made it there and home!!. Going to two car shows on sat now. This winter she gets my HOT 302 and a t-5 tranny so I can actually go over 50mph lol. * pics won't looks! I'll try tmr

And does anyone have a old rear bumper and brackets around Chicagoland area? Call or txt if ya do thank Ryan

21. Just read through the whole thread! Great I do and inspiration !! I am looking to embark on my next racecar/ truck project.. I want to replicate the F-100XL truck with a small window truck... I think it will be easier to get a roll cage out to the bed with the small window. I'm in southern Ca, if anyone has any leads let me know.

Thank you,
    Mike

Attached Files:

Elcohaulic likes this.
  22. FTF

FTF

Here's my 62. I've owned this Uni for more than 25 years. 390, C6. DSC01644.JPG DSC01647.JPG DSC01650.JPG 7-15-12 015.JPG

blue57ford likes this.
  23. Made in Dearborn Michigan by DST...same place that built the Thunderbolts...

24. Going to look at one nearby this weekend! If the price is right, I might join the club ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1417726371.365139.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1417726400.585925.jpg

Mike T

25. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

FTF, thats a great looking truck, post more pics of that hood? How many holes did you punch in it?

26. FTF

FTF

Thanks Gearhead, the truck really isn't finished yet. Harold Watkins in Morris, Okla did the louvers.
    Starting with the outside left 26 next row 27 and middle is 28. 109 total. Ron Meyers my friend and inspiration for the colors and pin stripes.

Attached Files:

Elcohaulic likes this.
  27. Looks like all my pics are gone from this thread, Ill toss a couple up.

Unifrontthreeqtr.jpg

Grandson.
    Jax-on-the-bumper.jpg

I think I want to darken the spokes some ... something is just
    not quite to my liking with the light grey.

Unirearthreeqtr.jpg

Elcohaulic and Phillips like this.
  28. FTF

FTF

Killer stance CG. How did you drop it.

29. The chassis was built at a pro shop before I acquired the truck. The rear is notched and I think the rear is on top of the springs. The front is clipped with volare. Its cranked down low and the ride is kinda crappy. I need to get some drop spindles. I was going to get some Fat Mans but was told they aren't the best, but I cant find any others.

This is how it looks now, one of my nephews painted the roof white. I like it. Unibody-angle-front.jpg Unibody-side.jpg

Elcohaulic likes this.
  30. Got my first f-100, I'm excited to see where this take me! Straight 6 4 speed, already got a 9 inch to put in it. Going to do body work and drive the wheels off it in the mean time.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1418342709.089052.jpg

Mike T