Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Econoline Madness Who's got one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kornfedlifer, Apr 25, 2007.

1. mothradeath

mothradeath

this guy went to body and paint a few days ago. so so excited.
    [​IMG]

YocumBros. likes this.
  2. mothradeath

mothradeath

holy f....that pic ended up huge! sorry.

3. 666

from New Jersey

That thing's gonna be awesome when is done.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. Runar

Runar
    from Norway

Remembered seeing this picture a few years ago, and after a bit of searching I found it again. Sorry for the bad quality. Apparently it was featured in an old Overdrive mag?

5. Runar

Runar
    from Norway

And the picture...

Attached Files:

6. mothradeath

mothradeath

7. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

8. Hogride

Hogride

The D&D Break Kit IS the way to go.

9. AndrewnTX

AndrewnTX
    from Plano, TX

We have a CarsnCoffee event brightnearly the first Saturday of each month here in the DFW area. Draws about 500 cars plus. Rolled out in the Econoline yesterday and even at 7am the lot was so full cars were double parked all through the aisles. Lots of cool classics, exotics, European vintage, bikes.. Quite a wide range of people passing through checking out all the cars.. . Common question about the Econoline, "where's the engine?" lol.

I have had a few sets of wheels on this truck but this set is gonna stay. American Racing 17x8 and 17x9, fits great .. I like the wide wheels out back.

Attached Files:

droppedstepside likes this.
  10. Trumped

Trumped

So my van has decided to start acting up on me. 1966 with a 240 & manual tranny. At the top end of 2nd and 3rd the van will start to shutter and acts like it wants to die. I have to push in the clutch and rev it a few times for it to come back to life. I reset the points gap and checked the timing. All should be fine there. The vacuum advance seems to be O.K. At first it was just doing it at freeway speeds but now it is happening around town. Any ideas??

11. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Air, fuel, compression, spark. We can assume that you have air down in Long Beach. Unless the compression magically went away, you are left with fuel and spark.

Check the coil, condenser, and the fuel pump.

12. Hellfish

Hellfish

It sounds like you're not getting enough fuel at higher speeds. It might be a problem with the pump, or the carb.

That "big rig" Econo is kinda neat. That first photo may be Photoshopped, or they built a small scale trailer.

13. SteveV

SteveV

Glad I found this thread---
    Picked up this '62 e100 last week-- ohhh doggy

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  14. randy

randy

Here's my buddy Ben's. Total "survivor" custom van...the flares are done in conduit and fiberglass and the paint looks as old as the bodywork.

[​IMG]

15. 666

from New Jersey

that survivor custom is awesome, needs a teardrop window

16. Hogride

Hogride

Do eny of you have a 4 speed column And Rods for sale or a Auto column and cable/ rod ? Im going to Swap in 351 Ho and top loader 4 speed if can find a column. But have a c6 if all else fails .

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  17. Here's a real nice example that I shot at Detroit last weekend:
    [​IMG]
    :cool::cool:

Hotdoggin DaddyO likes this.
  18. AndrewnTX

AndrewnTX
    from Plano, TX

Wow very nice!

19. 1940Willys

1940Willys

Had a 64 in the 70's painted it butter yellow. Hand painted a caricture picture of a 64 ecno doing a wheelstand from a magazine picture I seen. . I'm no artist so I projected the pic on both sides using a over head projector. One side had the doors drawn in the other not. My sister was a teacher at the time so I barrowed a overhead projector to do the job. I named the van, Van Gogh like the artist guy, get it! I swapped out the 170 for the 200 which had more main bearings and loaded it with speed goodies. Lumpy 3/4 Crane cam and valve train. Big Holly two barrel, Clifford Research headers, dual exhuast with Hush Thrush mufflers. Jumbo "G" something er others Bais Plys. Chrome reverse rims with Crager centers. King pins went bad and I got rid of it. I wish I still had it. I do drive a bone stock 1975,351 auto, factory one way glass, opening rear windows Econoline in the summer now.

20. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

Thanks for posting a picture of my van. I haven't mastered posting photos. We also had my Daughter Allison's Econoline Truck there in the Billetproof display.

21. Hellfish

Hellfish

The redlines with red drums is a nice touch, Steve

22. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

Thanks Joe, I was kinda undecided on the drums. Got a lot of compliments on them so far. I painted them red when the van was white.

23. AndrewnTX

AndrewnTX
    from Plano, TX

Question on rear suspension set up. Can the leafs (which are mounted outboard of the frame and on top of the axle), be instead mounted to directly under the frame with new shackle mounts and set up to have the axle on top of the leafs?

24. You going to start cutting up that nice truck ?. Some one on the vintage vans board talks about doing that , just cant remember how the post was listed.

25. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

I did it on our 61 truck. I've need told you can't run the original tank though. We run a fuel cell.

26. elba

elba

Almost done.

Attached Files:

27. AndrewnTX

AndrewnTX
    from Plano, TX

Nice!!

28. AndrewnTX

AndrewnTX
    from Plano, TX

Well it looks pretty straightforward, just hang the leafs that way and gain 2-3" of tire clearance.. but for now I'm just talking..

29. Hellfish

Hellfish

I just finished doing that this weekend. I used spring sliders and tried to keep it at stock height. There is interference with the filler neck, but otherwise the tank should fit. I just need to relocate the filler

30. 1968pickup

1968pickup
    from ND

Anyone have a doghouse hood prop like the one on the other page they want to sell