Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 5th annual Washington state E vs W flathead run 09/20/2014 ***NEW LOCATION***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Feb 28, 2014.

1. This years flathead run is going to be September 20th of this year. This is a 150 mile reliability run for flathead powered cars, trucks, bikes...anything with a flathead. Here's the details: the East and West side of Washington state meet at the end location. The side with the most cars wins. You can start from anywhere...5 miles away or 500 miles away. Makes no difference but you have to be there before noon to qualify.
    This is the 5th year for the run. Every year grows and we have had well over 100 cars the past few years. We are changing it up a little bit this year. It will have a new ending location:

MONITOR WA

Monitor is at the north end of Wenatchee on hwy 2. There is a cafe on the East side of the road called the Monitor Hot Rod Cafe that has plenty of parking, food and, campground and park across the street. We were offered this spot by the owner (and they are Hambers!!), as every year we get quite a few complaints that Vantage, WA simply did not offer much outside of the run. Hopefully Monitor will be a little more user friendly. It is 140 miles from Seattle, and 160 from Spokane so it's still pretty central.

We will also have parking for traditional cars that do not have a flathead but want to see the cars. We get a few every year and that is perfectly fine...this is still a flathead run but support cars are welcome

And finally...for those that did not like the entertainment "gorilla, chicken, rabbit"...we will not have them this year. If anyone knows of some cheap entertainment that is family friendly please let me know.

I'll bump and update this thread throughout the year. If you have any questions PM me or hamber Lytles garage as it is his property.

Hope to see you all there! Flatheads forever!!!

Pics from last year's run:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=832641

Hope to see you all there :D

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
    antiqueautomike likes this.
  2. uncle buck

uncle buck

Thanks for organizing the run , taking the feedback offered into consideration , and the fun times you have provided. I Look forward to attend. For those in th NW that haven't attended in the past , be sure to ad it to your plans this year.

3. Marcy

Marcy

Yeah on Wenatchee, boo on no Gorilla Chicken Rabbit.

Marcy

4. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Probably take my caddy if I don't sell it first.

Ill just park across the street

Sent via my typewriter

5. pontman

pontman

I gotta new toy but have not had a chance get it going yet. Marked this on calender, will see how it plays out?

Attached Files:

6. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

Sounds like it will be pretty awesome :D

7. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

BUMP, We have acres of GRASS, a shop on site to fix any broke down Hot Rod ! and the Best Hamburgers in the State !! WELCOME To Monitor !! Chris

8. adavis

adavis

Can't wait, but Gorilla Chicken Rabbit will be sorely missed. Hopefully Panda will still make an appearance??

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  9. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Sounds great Chris. I like the new location. There's a lot to see and do nearby, and Monitor is a great little town. See ya' there.

10. If I don't break it first....I will be there in your dads old truck.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. I love G,C,R...but most people do not and I get that. Last year I had so many people tell me they left as soon as they started playing. Spokane shows will still feature them however...

12. Planning on it as always. Hopefully I'll actually make it this year though.

13. adavis

adavis

Riley, you better make it. :D This show is way cooler than a wedding.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

what kind of music did G,C, R play.

15. couverkid

couverkid

very cool. see you there.

16. Glad to see you are OK with others showing up that aren't part of the run. If I'm free, I'm going to come check out the rides.

17. briz

briz

Monitor is about 140 miles from the Tri-Cities as well. Hopefully my model A will be back in action by then.

18. It's a longer drive for us than Vantage but a nice easy one still.

19. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Sounds cool Chris, but I'll miss the Burgers .... lol

20. chris98006

chris98006
    from Seattle WA

Sounds like a better location!

21. These guys must have bought Tom,Dick and Harry's? looks like i need to try and buy the 48' mercury ragtop thats tucked away in wenatchee so i can do the run. changing to monitor wa. will prove to be good one. their is a awsome bakery called Anjou Bakery along hwy 2 that is top end!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  22. t_wood_08

t_wood_08

I have been to the restaurant and they are producing some knock out food! The whole place has been cleaned up inside and is looking really sharp. I think all the hambers will be pleased with the location move. I always look forward to going to this run every year!

23. U-235

U-235

I always like the Vantage format....it was an nice ride up there, you look at nearly 100 cars, eat a great burger, look at more cars, talk to friends....and go home. What more would we want.

24. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

You invite me out to the run this year and cancel Gorilla Chicken Rabbit?!!! I'll ask Davina if my ticket is non refundable. This is bullshit.

25. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

Hi; my family built the Cafe in the early 70s and have owned it ever since, we just rented it to Harry.The guy I have in there now, builds some KILLER Burgers ! the biggest one is called "The Blown Hemi"!! yes the Anjou Bakery is about a mile up the road, Levenworth ,is just a few miles further. lots to do in the area if you want to make this a weekend deal. THANKS Chris

26. jmikee

jmikee
    from washington

Well isn't that a fine kettle of burgers. i may have to drive around in circles long enough to at least warm up my engine before arrival. Maybe run through a mud puddle if i can find one. And what is DaveM going to do??? LOL all in good fun.

27. t_wood_08

t_wood_08

I just put two and two together, and I am getting married on the same damn day as this run. Good thing is that the wedding ceremony is literally up the road from the run! Haha

28. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Google says 123 if you go over to Vernita and up through Quincy and over. 134 if you go up to Ellensberg and over Blewett. Up along the river would be a lot easier on a lot of guys cars once you got over the hill out of Sunnyside.

124 from my house south of Toppenish going over Blewett an 146 going through Sunnyside. Someone from the valley could do a circle going up one way and back the other without adding a lot of extra miles.

29. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

John; Just think of all that $4.00 a gallon gas you're going to save, more money to stuff your face with Burgers!! Dave does'nt even have to start his cars, he can just coast!! Chris