Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Jamie Geesling-RIP-daddyo54

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeff Norwell, Feb 27, 2014.

1. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I think Jamie was more stoked for when my 35 got best in show at 2012's Revolution then if he had won it himself. That was the kind of guy he was. Always making you feel big, always making you feel special. I don't know a lot of Texans but he kinda embodied them for me. World is greater for having him grace it but my heart is still heavy thinking of him leaving. So long buddy.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. When a man loses his life in his prime, it stings a little more for those he left behind. Praying for the family and friends.

3. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

Years ago my grandpa had a Ford Tractor dealership. One of the most memorable customers was Bob Geesling. A super nice guy always happy and smiling and wearing his overalls. He restored old tractors and played in country music bands had a music shop...just a super cool friendly guy. In about 90 or 91 my dad had a 1974 Corvette he drove to work everyday. Bob came in to buy parts time to time and every once in a while Bob brought in his baby faced grandson Jamie. Jamie began to take a liking to dads Corvette and one day came in and said I'm here to buy your Corvette. Dad told him it's not for sale. He said sure it is...just give me a price. Dad shot him a price (don't remember how much but it was on the high side) thinking this baby faced 17 year old kid didn't have the money. They went out to look at the car walked around it. Bob kicked the tires and said would you take any less? Dad said the car isn't for sale I won't take any less. Jamie says 74 is the year he was born and he would take it and pulls out hundred dollar bills. Little to say dad was shocked. He didn't know that Jamie had been working on his own tractors and selling them to earn his own money.

This story I think tells a lot about what kind of guy Jamie was. It wasn't until years later we became friends and hung out together but he has always been a talented hard working guy that got what he had by honest work. Guys like Jamie are becoming too uncommon. He was a talented painter, pinstriper, car builder, and musician. I know somewhere he is smiling and playing music again with his grandpa Bob.

RIP Jamie "Daddy'o" Geesling

4. so sad, I'll miss you Daddyo RIP Jamie

5. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

Wow... so sad. RIP

6. deuceman32

deuceman32

Sincere condolences to his family and friends. Godspeed Jamie.

7. First heard Pushrod play at the h.a.m.b. drags' Friday night party a couple of years ago. We were really impressed by the talent and showmanship of Jamie and the others, we had a ball. He was a very talented man, R.I.P. daddyo54

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  8. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Very sad news.....

9. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

10. Speedrome

Speedrome
    from Irving, TX

Jeff,

That is so cool to hear you say that about Jamie. In 2009 you helped me with a coloring book project. When I told Jamie about the project he wanted to contribute and he told me you were one of his heroes. So I put his drawing across from yours in the book and he was very excited.

[​IMG]

He was a cool dude.

Bart

11. Leebo!

Leebo!
    from Yale OK

His passing drove home one fact to me; There are TONS of great people in this lifestyle of ours. We all need to spend time getting to know each other, and making the most of it while we can. RIP Mr Geesling

12. kustomd

kustomd

He will be missed. I met him back when he had that blue 54 chevy right after he got it I believe. He always like to talk cars and had a good eye for cool. It will be strange not to hear from him when I'm in the denison area for events and such. Cant believe how things go..... It was fun riding around with him when I was in town looking for cool cars or parts. Or just gettin a taco lol. I'm glad I got to know him and glad I got to pinstripe with him a couple times at shows......

13. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Very sad news. My thoughts and condolences go out to Jamie's friends and family.

Malcolm

14. buckd

buckd

When I heard the news yesterday I must say I couldn't concentrate on any thing all day but thinking of how sad it is to lose someone of his talent and the greatness he might have achieved if not cut short. He was a great guy and though I hadn't known him long we shared the same passion for building bad ass rides. He will be missed. I hope his shop in Denison will celebrate his legacy. RIP daddyo:(

15. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

At 3 o'clock this morning I finished the post with the photos for my own medicine. I selfishly did not think that it would mean so much to so many of you.
    I am Texas bound with a couple stops on the way, I hope to see a bunch of you North Texas folk tomorrow. Look for the fat guy in a red hat.
    Fellowship with my rod/kustom family will be good for this pain.

16. Slicks

Slicks
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from denison tx

Very sad day rip

17. billylo

billylo

So sad to hear......

18. Ford52PU

Ford52PU
    from PA

Sad news, gone too soon.

19. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Got the news this morning. So sad, Rest in Power Jamie!

20. Texascash

Texascash
    from Texas

Great Guy, We Had Great Plans, Huge Loss To Everyone that Knew Him.

21. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Sorry for the loss of your friend

22. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Godspeed to a great man/musician/car guy.........I met him at the SK500 and we had the 'head nod' while he was playing at the HAMB Drags "pre-night"........I saw this yesterday on FB and couldn't believe it.......The great dyno in the sky has a new builder.

Chris

23. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Has anyone heard of arrangements have been made yet?

24. kustomd

kustomd

I've been wondering the samething mick so I can make plans to come out for the services.

25. cory27t

cory27t
    from US

Man what a drag. Jamie was such a cool guy. I met him just a few times at LSRU and the Drags but he was a super cool dude and man he built some top notch cars. He'll definitely be missed by all.

26. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

WHat?? Rip man!

27. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I will find out and post as soon as I do.

28. My sympathies to the family and friends.

29. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Thursday from 6-8 pm at the funeral home in Denison.

Some friends and I are going to try to do a fundraiser this week in case his family needs any extra money to help with expenses. If they do not, we will give the money to a good charity in his name.

30. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Very sad indeed, a great guy ! RIP